Mayo Clinic Cerebral Bypass and Advanced Neuroendovascular Course 2018
Course Directors: Leonardo Rangel-Castilla MD and Giuseppe Lanzino MD
Honored Guest: Luca Regli MD, Zurich, Switzerland
This three-day course is designed to update participants on a range of cerebrovascular and neurosurgical topics relevant to current medical practice. Through a combination of lectures, literature review, and case-based presentations, this symposium will teach neurosurgeons and neurosurgery residents in a lab-based style with lectures; focusing on surgery and endovascular technique.
This course is intended for all members of the Neurosurgery community and will be of interest to practicing neurosurgeons and neurosurgery residents.
The Course is designated for Practicing Neurosurgeons and Neurosurgery Residents.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the latest clinical and imaging indications and techniques for extracranial-intracranial (EC-IC) bypass
- Demonstrate hands-on microvascular anastomosis training sessions on rat vessels
- Describe a systematic approach to basic and complicated aneurysms that achieves clipping and reconstruction
- Identify the latest technology available for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms (novel stents and neck reconstruction devices)
- Identify the latest technology and future of the endovascular management of stroke
- Demonstrate hands-on experience with endovascular devices on simulators (advanced coiling techniques, novel stents and neck reconstruction devices)
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
CME Credit is not offered for this activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.