Skull Base and Aneurysms Rhoton Course: Microsurgical and Endoscopic Approaches 2019
Course Directors: Evandro de Oliveira, M.D., Ph.D., Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, M.D. and Rabih G. Tawk, M.D.
Course Co-Director: Christina I. Collins, APRN, D.N.P.
- Review of surgical approaches and operative techniques pertaining to surgical treatment of skull base lesions such as skull base tumors, cerebral aneurysms, and other disorders
- Combines both microscopic and endoscopic techniques with simulated micro-anastomosis training session to improve microsurgical skills
- Intensive hands-on cadaver dissection sessions, covering a broad spectrum of transcranial approaches
- Participants will work in teams on prepared injected fixed specimens under the guidance of a distinguished expert Faculty
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE WILL NOT OFFER CME CREDIT
|Residents, Fellows, Allied Health and Retirees||$1200||$500||$700|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Florida Exhibits.
This course is designed for neurosurgery medical providers at various stages of their careers including residents, fellows, attendings, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the major skull base approaches to various neurosurgical and vascular disorders affecting the skull base and brain
- Review the appropriate approaches and microsurgical techniques for treatment of complex neurosurgical disorders
- Review of complex surgical approaches for pretemporal, cavernous sinus and far lateral approaches
- Gaining proficiency in techniques during hands-on sessions on cadaveric specimens to improve skills
The J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Simulation Center at Mayo Clinic's Florida campus is located in the Stabile North building on the 8th Floor. Parking is available in multiple lots near the Stabile North Building on W.M. Davis Parkway at no charge. Additional parking is available in the Mayo patient/visitor ramp adjacent to the Davis Building on Mayo Boulevard at $3 per day and no charge on Saturday. The cost for parking is not included in the registration fee.
For those seeking off-campus oceanfront accommodations:
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
200 Ponte Vedra Blvd.
Ponte Vedra, FL 32082
Located 6 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
1000 PGA Tour Blvd
Ponte Vedra Beach FL, 32082
Located 10 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
For those seeking on-campus accommodations:
Mayo Clinic Courtyard by Marriott
14390 Mayo Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) is located 45 minutes from Mayo Clinic. Taxis and rental cars are readily available at the airport. Travel and lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Transportation is highly recommended, as the campus is not within walking distance to dining locations. Attendees are responsible for their own reservations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 40.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.