10th Annual Hospital Medicine for NPs & PAs 2018
Course Directors: Andrew J. Herber, P.A.-C., James S. Newman, M.D., M.H.A., S. Ahsan Rizvi, M.D., Holly A. Schenzel, A.P.R.N., D.N.P., C.N.P.
Hospital care models are transforming, and nurse practitioners and physician assistants play vital roles in the care delivery of hospitalized patients. Hospital Medicine for NPs & PAs fills your CME needs. This conference emphasizes clinical management of hospitalized patients in an interactive, case-based format with evidence-based lectures by experts in treatment pathways from admission to discharge.
- 25.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 25.25 ANCC Nursing Contact Hours
- 10.5 hours designated pharmacology content
- Pharmacology Workshop
- Critical Care Breakout
- Cross Cultural Communication Module
- Contemporary guideline-based best practices
- Clinical care pathways
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms
- Common clinical dilemmas
- Practicing health care provider faculty
|Critical Care Breakout - June 20, 2018||$125.00|
|Pharmacology Workshop - June 22, 2018||$125.00|
|Course Reception - Attendee & Guest - June 21, 2018||$0.00|
Course Brochure (PDF)
This conference is applicable to internists, hospitalists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses and allied health from novice to experienced.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify current evidence based practice recommendations in specialties such as cardiology, infectious disease, nephrology, gastroenterology, and hospital medicine.
- Describe when and how to initiate appropriate and timely consultation with specialty services.
- Describe and discuss practice updates for patients with sepsis to decrease in-hospital mortality, length of stay, and improve patient outcomes.
- Describe and discuss how to effectively assess and treat psychiatric/mental health disorders including updated practice guidelines on psychiatric/mental health disorders from the American Psychiatric Association.
- Describe and discuss updated guidelines and recommendations to reduce the occurrence of geriatric syndromes in hospitalized patients in an aging population.
- Describe new recommendations and a rational approach to assessment and management for patients with heart failure.
- Describe new recommendations and a rational approach to assessment and management for patients with VTE.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay is sold out on several nights. Rooms are available at The Dana on Mission Bay!
Click here to reserve your room at The Dana on Mission Bay before Friday, May 25, 2018, in order to receive a discounted rate of $195 single/double/triple/quadruple from June 19-23, 2018. Additional dates are at the hotels regular rate. OR Please call (800) 445-3339 or (619)-222-6440 to make reservations (with/or without additional days) and identify yourself as a participant of the Hospital Medicine NPPA course when making your reservation. NOTE: The Dana on Mission Bay is less than a half mile walk to the course.
Waived resort fee which includes
|Bayside Infinity Pool & Spa||Dog Friendly Lodging|
|Tropical Pool & Spa||Seasonal Pool Bar|
|Hot Tub||Onsite Water Sport Rentals|
|Onsite Bike Rentals||Private Marina|
|Mission Bay Waterfront Location||Poolside Ping Pong Tables|
|Outdoor Lawn Games||Poolside Cabana’s at Bayside Pool|
|Outdoor Activity Calendar||ADA Accessible Pool|
|Firefly Eatery & Bar||Seasonal Pool Bar|
Click here to reserve your room at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina before Tuesday, May 15, 2018, in order to receive a discounted rate of $189 single/double; $214 Triple; $239 Quadruple (limited number available). Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic NPPA course when making your reservation.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- $10 discounted Resort Fee that includes premium guestroom internet, 24 hour StayFit Gym™, local/800 calls, in-room bottled water (2 per day), 2 hour complimentary bike rentals, value booklet with savings around the property, a bottomless kids-cup, and business center access with free printing, fax, & copies.
- Group rate will be made available three (3) days pre and post Official Event Dates, based on hotel availability
- Twenty-five dollar ($25) discounted self-parking per vehicle (Valet, Self-Parking and Rental Car Options)
- Balconies with Views of Pacific Ocean, Mission Bay or Gardens
- Red Marlin Restaurant Bar and Terrace
- SWIM Lounge and Pool Bar with Multiple Bay Views and a Five-Foot 360-Degree Aquarium
- Market Mission Bay in the Mission Bay Boardwalk
- Eco-friendly Blue Marble Spa
- Water Playground with Multiple Pools and Water Slides
- 181-Slip Private Marinas
- Kayaks / Jet Skis / Sport Fishing / Sailboats / Whale Tours
A variety of San Diego transportation options are available to meet your needs at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina. The San Diego Trolley, San Diego Transit system, and San Diego taxi services are easily accessible from our Mission Bay hotel. We also offer San Diego rental cars.
To and From San Diego International Airport:
- Yellow Cab - A flat-rate card can be obtained from the Valet Desk. $24 direct ride to the airport only. Taxis are always readily available in front of the hotel.
- Town Car - Hotel Concierge is happy to arrange. Prices range from $50 to $100 an hour.
- SuperShuttle - Arrivals: Reservations are not required but the current rate is $12 per passenger, each way, on a shared ride shuttle. Click here for more information.
Ana I. Casanegra, M.D., M.S., F.S.V.M., R.P.V.I.
Daniel A. Diedrich, M.D.
Stephanie L. Hansel, M.D., M.S.
Dagoberto Heredia, Jr. Ph.D.
Andrew J. Herber, P.A.-C.
Sally E. Heusinkvelt, A.P.R.N., C.N.P.
Deanne T. Kashiwagi, M.D.
Bryce M. Kayhart, Pharm.D., R.Ph.
Mira T. Keddis, M.D.
A.Scott Keller, M.D.
James P. Klaas, M.D.
Vicki A. Loeslie, D.N.P., A.P.R.N., C.N.P.
Erica A. Loomis, M.D.
Sunil V. Mankad, M.D.
Amanda J. McCambridge, M.D.
Donna M. Miller, M.D.
Robert J. Morgan, III, M.D., Ph.D.
Elizabeth D. Nelson, A.P.R.N., C.N.P.
James S. Newman, M.D., M.H.A.
Sameer A. Parikh, M.B.B.S.
John G. Park, M.D.
Joseph T. Poterucha, D.O.
S. Ahsan Rizvi, M.D.
Holly A. Schenzel, A.P.R.N., D.N.P., C.N.P.
Amanda G. Sierzchulski, Pharm.D., B.C.O.P.
Pritish K. Tosh, M.D.
Kristin S. Vickers, Ph.D., L.P.
Tracy Cardin, A.C.N.P., S.F.H.M.
Kelly Cawcutt, M.D.
Joel C. Diamant, M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AMA Credit Breakdown:
General Session Total: 18.25
Critical Care Breakout: 3.75
Pharmacology Workshop 3.25
Participants can earn up to 25.25 ANCC nursing contact hours commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ANCC Credit Breakdown:
General Session Total: 18.25
Critical Care Breakout: 3.75
Pharmacology Workshop 3.25
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 27.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 27.00 ANCC
- 27.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.