1st Pulmonary Pathology Course – A Collaboration by Mayo Clinic and Society of Respiratory Medicine Vadodara - Online CME Course
In this online CME course, multidisciplinary experts from Mayo Clinic and the Society of Respiratory Medicine Vadodara present challenging concepts in the diagnosis of non-neoplastic and neoplastic lung and pleural disease that can be quickly translated into practice. The course is geared toward senior trainees and practicing clinicians who care for patients with pulmonary disease, including pathologists, radiologists, pulmonologists and cytopathologists.
For additional information and to register for this course, please visit www.barodachestgroup.org and click on the icon for the Mayo Clinic – SRMV online pathology course.
- Emphasis on the core concept of the Multidisciplinary Discussion, essential in bringing pulmonologists, pathologists and radiologists together to arrive at the best diagnosis for the patient
- Course format includes a mixture of didactic presentations as well as interactive case discussions
- Case histories and slides will be available digitally prior to the meeting
This activity is geared towards pathologists, pulmonologists, residents, fellows, and other clinicians with an interest in pulmonary pathology.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Develop a more comprehensive interpretation of the diagnostic criteria of interstitial lung diseases
- Enhance diagnostic skills in classification of tumors of the lung and pleura
- Explain the importance of knowing clinical history in the interpretation of lung pathology samples
- Provide practical approach guidelines for the diagnosis of non-neoplastic lung disease
- Describe current tumor classifications for lung carcinoma and mesothelioma
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Henry Tazelaar, MD
Jennifer Boland Froemming, MD
Erika Franco Rodriguez, MD, PhD
Niraj Bhatt, MBBS, MD, DM
Dharmesh Patel, MD, DNB, FRCP
Vivek Narendra Patel, MD
Udayan Maheshkant Kachchhi, MD, DNB
Kaushal Shah, MBBS, DMRE, MD, DNB
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.00 Attendance