Cardiology Update: The Heart of the Matter - Online CME
This course, recorded at the popular Mayo Clinic Cardiology Update: The Heart of the Matter 2019 conference in Sedona, AZ, features a wide spectrum of the latest updates in congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, coronary artery disease, cardiac arrhythmias, congenital heart disease, anticoagulation, preventive cardiology, sports cardiology and valvular heart disease, among others.
Registration Fee: $450.00
Practicing cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular and internal medicine trainees, emergency medicine, internal medicine, family medicine specialists and trainees, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and any staff with a cardiovascular interest.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Assess indications, use, and limitations of different types of anticoagulants in a diverse spectrum of cardiovascular diseases
- Evaluate peri-procedure management of anticoagulation in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation
- Recite the current indications and contra-indications for TAVR, and potential new indications for percutaneous tricuspid valve replacement
- Apply the latest hypertension and cardiovascular (CV) guidelines to improve overall morbidity/mortality rates
- Describe practice changes to improve care for patients with congenital heart disease
- Summarize guidelines to increase preventive care for patients with CV diseases
- Apply current guidelines for the treatment of congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Describe clinical features of primary pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Describe cardiovascular adaptation to exercise and review pre-participation screening
Utilization of this Mayo Clinic online (enduring materials) course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be in this course.
Luis R. Scott, M.D.
Carolyn Larsen, M.D.
Eric Yang, M.D.
Thomas G. Allison, Ph.D.
Christopher P. Appleton, M.D.
Michael J. Bryan, M.D.
Hari P. Chaliki, M.D.
Regis I. Fernandes, M.D.
Rajiv Gulati, M.D., Ph.D.
Brian W. Hardaway, M.D.
Rekha Mankad, M.D.
Sunil V. Mankad, M.D.
Francois Marcotte, M.D.
Tasneem Z. Naqvi, M.D., M.M.M., F.R.C.P.
Vuyisile T. Nkomo, M.D., M.P.H.
Steve R. Ommen, M.D.
Sabrina D. Phillips, M.D.
Amy W. Pollak, M.D.
Peter M. Pollak, M.D.
Julie L. Rosenthal, M.D.
Kara A. Sands, M.D.
Fadi E. Shamoun, M.D.
Win-Kuang Shen, M.D.
Dan Sorajja, M.D.
Komandoor Srivathsan, M.D.
D. Eric Steidley, M.D.
John P. Sweeney, M.D.
Holenarasipur R. Vikram, M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 12.75 AOA Category 2-A credits
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.75 ANCC
- 12.75 AOA
- 12.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.