COVID-19 Small Molecule Drug Discovery - Live Webinar
COVID-19 Small Molecule Drug Discovery
February 22, 2022 at 12:00pm - 1:30pm ET
On Tuesday, February 22, from 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. ET, Mayo Clinic and other experts discuss the challenges and opportunities of small molecule drug discovery and treatments to disrupt viral progression of SARS-CoV-2. The state of the art in antivirals to treat COVID-19 will also be reviewed.
- Moderator: Prakash Kempaiah, Ph.D., associate consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases
- Moderator: Ravindra V. Durvasula, M.D., senior associate consultant, Division Chair of Infectious Diseases
- Featured Expert: Thomas Caulfield, Ph.D., senior associate consultant, Division of Neuroscience
- Featured Expert: Daniel P. Becker, Ph.D., Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Loyola University Chicago
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the molecular basis for structural-function COVID infection using host cell machinery and how to use that information to better obtain biomolecules that disrupt viral progression
- Discuss key challenges, strategies and tactics in small molecule drug discovery in general
- Identify opportunities in the treatment of viral infections including SARS-CoV-2
- Review advances and state of the art toward small molecule treatments of COVID-19
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Moderator: Prakash Kempaiah, Ph.D., associate consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases
Moderator: Ravindra V. Durvasula, M.D., senior associate consultant, Division Chair of Infectious Diseases
Featured Expert: Thomas Caulfield, Ph.D., senior associate consultant, Division of Neuroscience
Featured Expert: Daniel P. Becker, Ph.D., Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Loyola University Chicago
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Attendance
TO CLAIM CREDIT
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688, orcontact us.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.