EDGE Talks 2020: Endourology Talks & Updates - Online Course - Audit Only
Course Directors: Mitchell R. Humphreys, MD; Ben Chew, MD; Brian Eisner, MD; Roger Sur, MD
This course is AUDIT only and does not provide CME Credits.
EDGE Talks will provide a background on the latest techniques and technology surrounding Endourology. This online series will discuss the use of holmium lasers in urology for the management of various diseases, with a focus on the management of urolithiasis and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Comprised of didactic lectures, panel discussions, debates and clinical case presentations, EDGE Talks will also address percutaneous nephrolithotomy, HoLEP, new Lasers, BPH Management, work life balance and Ureteroscopes.
M.D., D.O., Residents or fellows in urology.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and describe the safety parameters associated with all laser platforms in urology for kidney stones and benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Give examples of the use of lasers and their effects as a mechanism of action on tissue and kidney stones
- Analyze the equipment, techniques and detect potential complications for holmium enucleation and ablation of the prostate, compare to alternative techniques
- Differentiate the equipment and techniques and distinguish potential complications of lasers in ureteroscopy for stone removal
- Internalize the various procedures for safely performing percutaneous nephrolithotomy and be able to recognize and treat the associated complications.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Customers may cancel their participation from an online activity if no credit has been claimed and a written request is made within 30 days of purchase. A full refund minus a maximum $75.00 administrative fee will be provided. Administrative fees might be lower on activities that were initially $150 or less. Customer is responsible for inquiring about the administrative fee in advance if they are concerned.
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.