Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - August 17, 2020 - Online CME Course
Session 7: Caring for Critically Ill Patients with COVID-19: Top 10 Lessons and Innovations
August 17, 2020, at 1:30 p.m. CT
An interdisciplinary group of experts from across Mayo Clinic’s critical care practice will discuss the key challenges in the management of patients critically ill with COVID-19, lessons learned and innovative solutions that have been effectively implemented within our health care system.
- Moderator: Alexander S. Niven, M.D., Consultant, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine; Associate Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Andrea (Annie) B. Johnson, APRN, C.N.P., Instructor in Surgery
- Featured Expert: Syed Anjum Khan, M.D., Chair, Intensive Care Unit, Mayo Clinic Health System; Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Jason L. Siegel, M.D., Senior Associate Consultant, Neurocritical Care; Assistant Professor of Neurology
- Featured Expert: Devang K. Sanghavi, M.B.B.S., M.D., Senior Associate Consultant, Critical Care Medicine; Assistant Professor of Medicine
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance