Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - July 15, 2020 - ZOOM Webinar
The period in which learners can self-claim credit has expired for this course. Please contact us for assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
Session 4: Health Disparities in the COVID-19 Pandemic
July 15, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. CT
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted some socioeconomic and demographic groups. This session explores some of these health disparities in terms of direct outcomes from SARS-CoV-2 infection; exacerbation of pre-existing inequities in health care; and indirect effects due to societal changes during this time. Experts also discuss potential solutions to mitigate these disparities.
- Moderator: Sharonne N. Hayes, M.D., Director, Mayo Clinic Office of Diversity and Inclusion; Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Mark L. Wieland, M.D., Consultant, Division of Community Internal Medicine; Associate Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Rahma Warsame, M.D., Senior Associate Consultant, Division of Hematology; Assistant Professor of Medicine and Oncology
Click here to register for the live webinar. Questions for the expert panel can be submitted via Slido using event code #COVID20.
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
If you attended the July 15 webinar and would like to claim credit, please Contact Us.
Notify me for future live webinars
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.