Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - July 15, 2020 - ZOOM Webinar
To claim your credit for this course, select the blue Register button above.
Session 4: Health Disparities in the COVID-19 Pandemic
July 15, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. CT
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted some socioeconomic and demographic groups. This session explores some of these health disparities in terms of direct outcomes from SARS-CoV-2 infection; exacerbation of pre-existing inequities in health care; and indirect effects due to societal changes during this time. Experts also discuss potential solutions to mitigate these disparities.
- Moderator: Sharonne N. Hayes, M.D., Director, Mayo Clinic Office of Diversity and Inclusion; Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Mark L. Wieland, M.D., Consultant, Division of Community Internal Medicine; Associate Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Rahma Warsame, M.D., Senior Associate Consultant, Division of Hematology; Assistant Professor of Medicine and Oncology
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
TO CLAIM CREDIT
- Enter the access code provided during the webinar and in your attendee email. Select Unlock. (Please note the access code is case sensitive.)
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688, or contact us.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.