Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - July 21, 2020 - ZOOM Webinar
The period in which learners can self-claim credit has expired for this course. Please contact us for assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
Session 5: Critical Care Planning for the COVID-19 Pandemic: Preparing for the Next Wave
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 9 a.m. CT
The COVID-19 pandemic has required critical care practitioners and administrators to prepare for a surge in critical care capacity. In this session, Mayo Clinic experts will discuss lessons learned from Mayo’s initial mass critical care planning efforts during the pandemic. Leaders from various sites will compare the differences in critical care planning, preparedness and shaping forces within different practice settings across the Mayo Clinic enterprise.
- Moderator: Alexander S. Niven, M.D., Consultant, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine; Associate Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Ayan Sen, M.D., Chair, Department of Critical Care, Mayo Clinic in Arizona; Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine; Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Pablo Moreno Franco, M.D., Chair, Department of Critical Care, Mayo Clinic in Florida; Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Adel S. Zurob, M.D., Chair, Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care, Mayo Clinic Health System
- Featured Expert: Daniel R. Brown, M.D., Ph.D., Chair, Division of Critical Care Anesthesiology; Professor of Anesthesiology
- Featured Expert: Melissa K. Myers, M.D., Senior Associate Consultant, Intensive and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic Health System; Instructor in Medicine
- Featured Expert: Lindsey M. Lehman, M.P.H., M.H.A., Operations Administrator, Division of Critical Care Anesthesiology; Assistant Professor of Health Care Administration
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
TO CLAIM CREDIT
- Enter the access code provided during the webinar and in your attendee email. Select Unlock. (Please note the access code is case sensitive.)
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688, or contact us.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.