(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - November 18, 2020 - ZOOM Webinar
The period in which learners can self-claim credit has expired for this course. Please contact us for assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
Session 11: COVID-19: Challenging Conversations
November 18, 2020, 9:30-10:30 a.m. CT
Thanks to uncertainty, high emotions, politicization and fatigue, communication with patients and families during the COVID-19 pandemic can be difficult. In this live CME webinar, experts from the Office of Mayo Clinic Experience discuss communication challenges and ways to enhance communication strategies and skills. Topics include delivering bad news from a distance; engaging employees and patients in masking and distancing measures; prioritizing bedside manner; and empathically responding to disagreement and derision.
- Moderator: Heather R. Preston, M.S., Senior Advisor, Patient Experience Training, Education and Coaching
- Featured Expert: Benjamin J. Houge, M.S., Senior Advisor, Patient & Visitor Policy Support Program
- Featured Expert: Jennifer S. Packard, M.A., Senior Advisor, Patient Experience Training, Education and Coaching
- Featured Expert: Mustaqeem A. Siddiqui, M.D., M.B.A., Member, Patient Experience Leadership Committee; Consultant, Hematology; Assistant Professor of Medicine; Instructor in Hematology
- Featured Expert: Sheila K. Stevens, Administrator, Quality
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
TO CLAIM CREDIT
- Enter the access code provided during the webinar and in your attendee email. Select Unlock. (Please note the access code is case sensitive.)
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688, or contact us.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.