Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - October 12, 2021
Session 22: Update on SARS-CoV-2 Variants of Concern and Vaccines; Implications for SOT Recipients
On Tuesday, October 12, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT, Mayo Clinic experts will discuss the latest information on the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant’s impact on vaccine recommendations for the general population and for solid-organ transplant recipients. Additional topics will include breakthrough infections in normal versus immunocompromised hosts and the most current vaccine updates.
- Moderator: Claudia R. Libertin, M.D., consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases; professor of medicine
- Featured Expert: Gregory A. Poland, M.D., emeritus consultant, Division of General Internal Medicine; Mary Lowell Leary Emeritus Professor of Medicine; director, Mayo Vaccine Research Group
- Featured Expert: Sadia Z. Shah, M.D., M.B.A., consultant, Division of Pulmonary Medicine; interim medical director, Lung Transplant Program, Mayo Clinic in Arizona; assistant professor of medicine
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the current global epidemiology of SARS CoV-2 variants
- Define breakthrough infections including immunosuppressed populations
- Discuss the best strategies for managing immunocompromised groups if not responsive to vaccines
- Discuss the importance of 3rd vaccine dose given to the immunocompromised and over 65 age groups
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Attendance
TO CLAIM CREDIT
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688, or contact us.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.