Updates on COVID-19 Variants of Concern, Vaccines, and Long Haulers - Live Webinar
Updates on COVID-19 Variants of Concern, Vaccines, and Long Haulers
January 11, 2022 at 12:00pm - 1:30pm ET
Mayo Clinic and other experts discuss the latest information on the impact of SARS-CoV-2 variants, vaccine and treatment updates, and implications for long haulers.
- Moderator: Claudia R. Libertin, M.D., consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases; professor of medicine
- Featured expert: Isabel C. Mira-Avendano, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Divisions of Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep, Director of the Post-COVID Center of Excellence, Co-Director Interstitial Lung Disease Center, UT Health. The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston-McGovern Medical School
- Featured expert: Abinash Virk, M.D., consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases; professor of medicine
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Review variants of concern in USA and globally, including Omicron
- Compare the Delta and Omicron variants in transmissibility, infectivity, and clinical manifestations
- Update of effectiveness of COVID vaccines against Omicron variant
- Review prevalence, clinical presentation, and distinguishing characteristics of long hauler’s COVID
- Update on management of long term complications of COVID
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Attendance
TO CLAIM CREDIT
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688, or contact us.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.