What's New in Family Medicine - Online CME Course
Course Directors: Erin F. Morcomb, M.D. and John Merfeld, M.D.
August 25, 2020 - August 24, 2023 - What's New in Family Medicine - Online
What's New in Family Medicine is an online CME course that provides learners with current and relevant updates on management of patient health concerns encountered in daily practice, with a special focus on changes in medical practice in the COVID-19 pandemic and adapting to telemedicine. Highlights include updates on obesity management, BPH, diabetes pharmacotherapy, contraception, migraines, heart failure and common orthopedic complaints including the prevention of ACL injuries.
|Physicians, Scientists, and Dentists||$349|
|Nurses, NP's, PA's, Retirees, Allied Health Professionals||$295|
This course is designed for the Primary Care Physicians (M.D. or D.O.) physician assistant, nurse practitioner and nurses.
- Describe best practices and updates in breast and colon cancer screening
- Describe best practices and updates for the treatment of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Describe how to integrate regenerative medicine into care for your patients and selecting those who might benefit from novel therapies including stem cells, plasma injections or prolotherapy
- Identify best practices for care of the patient with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Explain when it is safe to stop phototherapy in a newborn with hyperbilirubinemia
- Review updates and clinical practice strategies in commonly treated conditions such as obesity management, BPH, diabetes pharmacotherapy, contraception, migraines, heart failure and common orthopedic complaints including the prevention of ACL injuries.
- Recognize the signs of burn out in clinical practice
- Develop strategies to integrate personalized self-care techniques to grow both personally and professionally while fostering genuine meaning and enjoyment in the practice of medicine.
Utilization of this Mayo Clinic online (enduring materials) course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 9.5 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Enduring Material activity, What's New in Family Medicine - Online, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins 08/02/2020. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 9.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 9.50 ANCC
- 9.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.