Mayo Clinic "Teach the Teachers" Elbow Course - The 2020 Milestone Edition - Anatomy Lab
The Mayo Clinic "Teach the Teachers" Elbow Course is an advanced level course designed for orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in elbow surgery, arthroscopy, sports and trauma.
Hands-on cadaver lab (The lab is currently full):
- Technical skills orientation
- Didactic portions limited to the necessary introductions and theoretical knowledge required for the technical components.
- Participants use laboratory time to practice and refine surgical skills
|Anatomy Lab - M.D.||$1200|
The anatomy lab is limited to orthopedic surgeons who are “teachers” with significant potential for “downstream impact” of the thinking and practices of other surgeons in the field of elbow surgery so as to advance the care of elbow problems around the world.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the indications for primary and revision TEA, design advantages and disadvantages, expected outcomes and pearls and pitfalls for accurate placement of TEA.
- Describe the indications, anatomy and techniques for safe elbow arthroscopy
- Describe the etiologies of and potential contribution of the nerves and immune system to contracture formation, anatomy and techniques for releasing elbow contractures through the medial and lateral columns safely.
- Recognize specific the sequelae and treatment options of fractures around the elbow, including nonunions, malunions and arthritis as they pertain to the coronoid, radial head, and capitellum.
- Describe and utilize ultrasound for the diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries and current repair techniques to tendon injuries of the elbow.
- Diagnose, classify and describe treatment strategies of acute and chronic elbow instability.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates in the grid below. In order to receive the special rate (plus applicable taxes and fees), reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of Friday, May 15, 2020 or whichever comes first. After May 15, 2020, reservations will be taken following this date based on space and rate availability. Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Elbow Course when making your reservation.
150 South Broadway, Rochester, MN
|Marriott Mayo Clinic Area|
101 First Ave SW, Rochester, MN
*Please note: only a limited amount of rooms are reserved at each of these hotels.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by the individual, such as airline, hotel fees, or penalties. These are the responsibility of the registrant.
Parking is available in hotel and city ramps. The cost for parking is not included in the registration fee.
The hotel is connected by skyway and pedestrian subway to downtown shops and restaurants. You may wish to visit Experience Rochester website for additional travel information, accommodation options, and area information.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.