Pre-Course AM Workshops (April 12)
Optional 1/2-day workshops (separate registration fee applies) - See descriptions here
- TEP Management for Voice Restoration
- Manual Therapy Techniques for Muscle Tension Dysphonia/Dysphagia
- Office-Based Laryngology Procedures: Hands-on Lab
- Advanced Techniques: Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Compression (including myofascial release)
Following attendance at this workshop, participants should be able to:
- TEP Management Workshop:
- Assess voice prostheses in a laryngectomee and evaluate methods for sizing and techniques for placement.
- Determine the proper heat and moisture exchange system for laryngectomees and instruct the patient on placement and management.
- Voice Therapy:
- Identify paralaryngeal muscles affecting vocal function
- Perform basic circumlaryngeal massage
- Use tactile awareness with paralaryngeal landmarks for digital manipulation
- Explain basic therapy techniques for alleviation of muscle tension dysphonia
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.