Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Workshop 2017
This CPD Activity has already taken place. See the 2018 course.
Mayo Clinic Arizona is pleased to extend a highly immersive 2-day workshop for managing Adult Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Unique high fidelity simulations and hands-on labs integrate ECMO, mechanical ventilation, ultrasound and hemodynamics monitoring techniques required for optimal patient management. In addition to learning ECMO guidelines, learners will deepen their understanding of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO physiology. By incorporating the latest techniques and technologies, this workshop is intended to advance one’s knowledge and judgement in initiating, monitoring, and managing ECMO. To optimize the learner to instructor ratio, workshop size is limited.
This course targets medical and surgical care providers in the following areas: Pulmonary, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Thoracic Surgeons, Anesthesiology, and Vascular Surgery.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the components of the ECMO circuit
- Describe basic and advanced physiology of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO.
- Recognize major indications and contraindications of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO.
- Identify common problems and major complications of ECMO.
- Differentiate the interaction ECMO has on various patient organ systems.
- Comprehensively assess the ECMO patient with appropriate monitoring techniques.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 15.00 AOA