Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2019
Course Directors: Charles D. Burger, M.D., Ulrich Specks, M.D. and Robert W. Viggiano, M.D.
The Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine 2019 course will provide a state-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary and critical care medicine. Tri-site Mayo Clinic Faculty Members provide a comprehensive approach to the current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases. Topics include: airway disease, critical care, interstitial lung diseases, and sleep disorders.
- State-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine.
- Comprehensive approach to current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases.
- Preventative and therapeutic techniques for optimal patient experiences.
- The latest developments in medical practice guidelines provided by leaders in pulmonary and critical care medicine, pulmonary pathology, and radiology.
|Register on or|
Before March 11, 2019
March 11, 2019
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$600||$675|
Reduced Fee: PA, NP, RN, Residents,
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete Exhibit Documents and submit to Kristy Badder.
Pulmonologists, Intensivists, General Internists, Hospitalists, Thoracic Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Sleep and Emergency Room Specialists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Allied Health Professionals who deal with areas of pulmonary and critical care medicine that will find this course of value in their daily practice.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Review the evaluation of patients with prolonged respiratory failure
- Summarize new developments in bronchoscopy
- Describe the current management of patients with an acute exacerbation of interstitial lung disease
- Summarize the new developments in the management of pleural diseases
- Review the current controversies in pulmonary embolism
- Summarize a radiological approach to diagnosing pulmonary embolism
- Review the evaluation and treatment of patients with non-CF bronchiectasis
- Summarize the current treatment of COPD
- Describe the current management of patients with asthma
- Review the role of pulmonary rehabilitation and behavioral programs in patients with chronic lung disease
- Summarize the role for bronchoscopy in the intensive care unit
- Review the use of artificial intelligence in the intensive care unit
- Describe the management of vitamin patient is in the intensive care unit
- Review the interpretation of CPAP downloads
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
A special room block rate of $289 (USD), plus applicable city/state taxes, and a $14 resort fee per room, per night, is available for course participants and guests until March 20, 2019. Mayo Clinic group rates apply three days prior to and three days post-course dates, based on availability. Cancel 72 hours prior to 4pm day of arrival local hotel time to avoid penalty charges or forfeiture of deposit. Reservation must be guaranteed with a credit card.
To book the special room block rate ($289 (USD), plus applicable city/state taxes and $14 resort fee per room, per night) online, go to: www.mountainshadows.com, click, “Book Your Stay,” and enter the Group Code, “MayoClinicPulmonary.”
The Mountain Shadows Resort was originally built below Camelback Mountain in 1959, Mountain Shadows reemerged as an icon of luxury and design after it was completely rebuilt in 2017. Located near Scottsdale in Paradise Valley, echoes of the resort’s historic legacy and the stunning desert surroundings create an energy of renewal that draws you into this unique destination.
"Hottest Hotel Pools" | Vogue
"A Mid-Century Modern Icon Returns" | Robb Report
"A True Destination" | Arizona Golfer
Airport: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
Hertz is offering a reduced daily rate for course registrants. Visit www.hertz.com/cme2019. Special rates include unlimited mileage and are subject to availability. Advance reservations are recommended; blackout dates may apply.
SuperShuttle vans offer airport transportation to and from area hotels and businesses. To make reservations, call (800) 258-3826 or (602) 244-9000, or visit www.supershuttle.com.
Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Charles D. Burger, M.D.
Ulrich Specks, M.D.
Robert W. Viggiano, M.D.
Mayo Clinic Faculty
Natalya Azadeh, M.D., M.P.H.
Staci E. Beamer, M.D.
Roberto P. Benzo, M.D.
Sean M. Caples, D.O., M.S.
Rodrigo Cartin-Ceba, M.D.
Craig E. Daniels, M.D.
Eric S. Edell, M.D.
Emir Festic, M.D., M.S.
Michael B. Gotway, M.D.
Vivek N. Iyer, M.D.
Margaret M. Johnson, M.D.
Augustine S. Lee, M.D.
Bernie W. Miller, M-HSA, RRT, RPSGT, CCSH
Eric J. Olson, M.D.
Neal M. Patel, M.D.
Steve G. Peters, M.D.
Jay H. Ryu, M.D.
Kenneth K. Sakata, M.D.
Dante N. Schiavo, M.D.
Aaron B. Skolnik, M.D.
Maxwell L. Smith, M.D.M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.Credit Statement(s)
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AMA Credit Breakdown:
General Session Total: 16.5
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.