Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2020 - CANCELLED
This course has been CANCELLED - See more courses at Pulmonary Medicine specialty page
April 16 - 19, 2020 - Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Scottsdale, Arizona (Mornings)
The Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine 2020 course provides a state-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary and critical care medicine. A multidisciplinary faculty from Mayo Clinic imparts a comprehensive approach to the current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases. Topics include: airway disease, critical care, interstitial lung diseases, lung cancer and sleep disorders. ABIM MOC credit will be offered.
- State-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine
- Comprehensive approach to current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases
- Preventative and therapeutic techniques for optimal patient experiences
- The latest developments in medical practice guidelines provided by leaders in pulmonary and critical care medicine, pulmonary pathology, and radiology
|M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$675|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional||$575|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete Exhibitor Documents and submit to Kristy Badder.
Pulmonologists, Intensivists, General Internists, Hospitalists, Thoracic Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Sleep and Emergency Room Specialists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Allied Health Professionals who deal with areas of pulmonary and critical care medicine that will find this course of value in their daily practice.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Review the evaluation and management of patients with sarcoidosis
- Summarize the new guidelines for asthma management
- Describe the current management of patients with vasculitis and diffuse alveolar hemorrhage
- Summarize the new developments in the management of pleural diseases
- Review the current role of point-of-care ultrasound
- Summarize an approach to eosinophilic lung disease
- Review the evaluation and treatment of patients with cystic fibrosis
- Summarize current evidence of vaping related lung disease
- Describe the advances in cystic fibrosis
- Review the ICU complications of cancer therapy
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
A limited block of guest rooms has been reserved for attendees at the special group rate of $309/night (USD) plus applicable city/state taxes. Make your reservation before the block fills or the cut-off date of March 16, 2020. (Room block is under the name of the Mayo Clinic Pulmonary Medicine course.) Group rates will apply three days prior to and three days after the course dates based on room availability. Children under the age of 17 will stay complimentary. Third or fourth adult person rates are $50 each. Attendees are responsible for their own reservations.
Click here to book a room (expires 3/16/2019 or when room block fills)
The room block sells out quickly. Here are some alternate accommodations nearby if needed.:
- Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road - 16630 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - 480.477.6424
- Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites - 7515 E Butherus Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 - 480.951.4000
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale - 16620 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - 480.348.9280
- Residence Inn by Marriott Scottsdale North - 17011 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 - 480.563.4120
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - 7575 East Princess Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – 480-585-4848
- Courtyard Scottsdale North - 17010 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – 480-922-8400
- Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains - 16770 N Perimeter Dr, Scottsdale, AZ - 480-502-3836
Please note, we do not have special rate room blocks at the above hotels.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Charles D. Burger, M.D.
Craig E. Daniels, M.D.
Robert W. Viggiano, M.D.
MAYO CLINIC FACULTY
Staci E. Beamer, M.D.
Yasmeen M.Butt, M.D.
Eva M. Carmona Porquera, M.D., Ph.D.
Rodrigo Cartin-Ceba, M.D.
Johnathan D'Cunha, M.D., Ph.D.
Hilary M. DuBrock, M.D.
Emir Festic, M.D.
Alissa A. Genthon, M.D.
Michael B. Gotway, M.D.
Margaret M. Johnson, M.D.
Augustine S. Lee, M.D.
Philip J. Lyng, M.D.
David E. Midthun, M.D.
Bernie W. Miller, RPSGT, R.R.T.
John J. Mullon, M.D.
Alexander S. Niven, M.D.
Pierre Noel, M.D.
Neal M. Patel, M.D.
Matthew A. Rank, M.D.
Jay H. Ryu, M.D.
Aaron B. Skolnik, M.D.
Karen L. Swanson, D.O.
Laszlo T. Vaszar, M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been accredited by the American Osteopathic Association for 16.25 credits of AOA Category 2-A.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16.25 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity providers responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 16.25 ABIM
- 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.25 AOA Category 2-A
- 16.25 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.