Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2023
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options.
Course Directors: Robert W. Viggiano, M.D., Craig E. Daniels, M.D., and Charles D. Burger, M.D.
May 4 - 7, 2023 - Mountain Shadows Resort - Paradise Valley, Arizona
The Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2023 CME course provides a state-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary and critical care medicine. A multidisciplinary faculty from Mayo Clinic imparts a comprehensive approach to the current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases. Topics include: airway disease, critical care, interstitial lung diseases, lung cancer and sleep disorders.
- State-of-the-art update on clinical advances in pulmonary medicine, critical care, and sleep medicine
- Comprehensive approach to current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases
- Preventative and therapeutic techniques for optimal patient experiences
- The latest developments in medical practice guidelines provided by leaders in pulmonary and critical care medicine, pulmonary pathology, and radiology
|Registration Fees||Early Bird|
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$750||$825|
|Allied Health, Nurses, Retirees||$650||$725|
Pulmonologists, intensivists, general internists, hospitalists, thoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, sleep and emergency room specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and allied health professionals who work with pulmonary medicine, sleep medicine and critical care, and may find this course valuable.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the various high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) patterns in patients with fibrotic lung disease
- Review updated guidelines regarding evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Summarize the definition of "worsening" in patients with progressive pulmonary fibrosis
- Review up-to-date therapeutic recommendations for patients with sepsis
- Describe the best practices in the diagnosis and management of sepsis
- Prepare patients with advanced lung disease for lung transplant evaluation
- Interpret the pulmonary complications of immunodeficiency states
- Summarize the treatment of patients with primary ciliary dyskinesia
- Assess the treatment and evaluation of patients with non-tuberculous bronchiectasis
- Interpret recent evidence regarding home-based rehabilitation for patients with COPD
- Identify the challenges to understanding disparities in chronic pulmonary diseases
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
A special room block rate of $375 (USD), plus applicable city/state taxes, and a $25 resort fee per room per night, is available for course participants and guests. Mayo Clinic group rates apply three days prior to and three days post-course dates, based on availability. To ensure accommodations, please make your reservation before the room block quickly fills, or by April 12, 2023. Group Code: Pulmonary2023.
For Mayo Clinic Pulmonary, the mandatory resort fee is $25.00 (regularly $50) per room, per day, plus tax and includes the following services and amenities:
- High-speed Wireless Internet Access in Guest Rooms & Event Space
- Overnight Valet Parking (with bottled water in/out)
- Complimentary Fitness Classes (based on availability)
- Complimentary Ping Demo Golf Clubs when playing Hotel’s course
- 24-hour use of Citizens Fitness Center
- Daily Turndown Service with Bottled Water
- Daily In-room Coffee and Tea Service
- Practice Putting Green Access
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.; check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
Reservations cancelled within forty-eight (48) hours prior to arrival date will be assessed a one-night room and tax fee charge.
Parking: Overnight, valet parking is included in the Resort Services and Amenities Fee for hotel guests.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Airport: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
Go to Visit Phoenix or Experience Scottsdale for additional recreation and leisure activities.
Robert W. Viggiano, M.D.
Charles D. Burger, M.D.
Craig E. Daniels, M.D.
Neil M. Ampel, M.D.
Roberto P. Benzo, M.D.
Eva M. Carmona Porquera, M.D., Ph.D.
Rodrigo Cartin-Ceba, M.D.
Sarah J. Chalmers, M.D.
Michael J. Day, R.R.T., R.C.P.
Hilary M. DuBrock, M.D.
Kara L. Dupuy-McCauley, M.D.
Michael B. Gotway, M.D.
Kealy R. Ham, M.D.
Margaret M. Johnson, M.D.
Clinton E. Jokerst, M.D.
Augustine S. Lee, M.D.
Andrew H. Limper, M.D.
Amelia A. Lowell, R.R.T., R.C.P.
Vivek Nagaraja, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Alexander S. Niven, M.D.
Victor E. Ortega, M.D., Ph.D.
Ann M. (Annie) Rusk, M.D.
Jay H. Ryu, M.D.
Kenneth K. Sakata, M.D.
Ayan Sen, M.D.
Sadia Z. Shah, M.D., M.B.A.
Aaron B. Skolnik, M.D.
Adam L. Sprague-Gross, R.C.P.
Laslo T. Vaszar, M.D.
Alex M. Wonnaparhown, M.D.
Ana C. Zamora Martinez, M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other (live and livestream) activity for a maximum of 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 17.50 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.50 AAPA Category 1
- 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 17.50 Attendance
Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
The Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine 2023 course is pleased to offer the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring the course, please complete the following:
- Review the Exhibitor Prospectus
For information regarding exhibit opportunities and the exhibitor agreement, please reach out to Kristy Badder.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.