14th Annual ACL Workshop 2016
Course Director: Timothy Hewett, Ph.D.
The 14th Annual ACL Workshop 2016 is dedicated to the prevention, training and rehabilitation of athletes who are at risk for ACL injuries. The Sports Medicine Team at Mayo Clinic and Mayo Square will detail the latest prevention programs for athletes. We will teach neuromuscular training methods that focus on proper core and knee control and landing techniques. The workshop offers laboratory and clinic-based risk screening techniques with hands-on workshops relating to anterior cruciate ligament injury prevention, lectures on the latest advances in the field and demonstrations.
Enrollment in the certification course and examination, provides the learner with the opportunity to receive certification from Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine in MayoMetrics ACL Injury Prevention.
Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine is located on the third floor at Mayo Clinic Square in downtown Minneapolis, MN.
This course is designed for physicians, athletic trainers, physician assistants, nurses, occupational or physical therapists, students, researchers, strength and conditioning specialists, sports medicine and orthopedic health care professionals.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and describe the need for and appropriate timing of ACL injury prevention programs in at-risk athletes
- Describe and utilize screening tests that can be used to target athletes who may be at higher risk of ACL injury
- Identify indications for conservative management of ACL injuries
- Review evidence-based interventions for surgical vs conservative management of ACL injuries injuries, including single vs. double bundle grafts for ACL reconstruction
- Describe how to incorporate an evidence based progression of post-surgical rehabilitation for ACL patients from acute injury management through return to sport
- Describe different methods used in screening athletes for injury and demonstrate techniques used to train for injury prevention
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 12.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.50 PT