Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine 2024
Course Directors: Klaus Torp, M.D. and Gary Toups, M.D.
May 5 - 10, 2024 - Hotel Cozumel and Resort - San Miguel de Cozumel, Mexico
This course is aimed at providing specialized medical knowledge to physicians engaged in diving and hyperbaric medicine. It includes presentations and hands-on workshops on a variety of topics about diving and hyperbaric medicine. This course is organized in conjunction with the department of hyperbaric medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
This course is designed for physicians, nurses, technicians.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate proper techniques to treat orthopedic dive injuries on site
- Demonstrate bubble detection with the use of handheld portable ultrasound devices
- Perform a lung, focused cardiac and FAST exam using ultrasound
- Discuss different strategies to keep divers diving with various acquired health conditions
- Discuss fitness to dive considerations and tests for divers after COVID and divers with cardiovascular health conditions
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The Cozumel Hotel and Resort is offering hotel rooms for attendees and their guests at the group rate of $85 USD + Tax (21%) per room night in single or double occupancy. To make a reservation please click HERE
- Breakfast is included in the room rate
- There is an optional on-site payment of $50 per person/per night that covers the meal plan, coffee breaks, welcome reception, and farewell dinner, which is highly recommended due to the tight schedule that limits the opportunity to dine out.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 24.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 24.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 24.75 ANCC
- 24.75 Attendance
Please update your profile to let us know if you have dietary restrictions or access requirements.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.