Contemporary Challenges in Bioethics and Clinical Research 2022: AI, Big Data, and Privacy - CANCELED
This course is canceled for 2022, a date for 2023 is TBD
March 24 - 26, 2022 - The Scott Resort & Spa - Scottsdale, Arizona
Mayo Clinic's Contemporary Challenges in Bioethics and Clinical Research 2022: AI, Big Data, and Privacy is an interactive course that seeks to provide a cutting-edge update on the impacts of artificial intelligence, big data, and evolving healthcare technologies on patient care, healthcare systems, research, and bioethical paradigms. Questions and conundrums raised are examined through the lens of clinical faculty, government regulators, industry leaders, and bioethicists. This course is born from a collaboration between Mayo Clinic's IRB, Center for Bioethics, and the Mayo Clinic Platform. The combined expertise and perspectives from these groups allow for dissemination of and discussion of challenges and progress and issues faced as healthcare adapts to the changing environment fostered by artificial intelligence and big data and the ever increasing use of technology.
This course is designed for clinicians, researchers, research regulators, IRB members, policy makers, and leaders in the healthcare IT industry.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the challenges raised by the digital revolution in healthcare with movement from brick and mortar to virtual care and formulate ideas for moving forward and applying these advances.
- List examples of how artificial intelligence has and can possibly advance healthcare offerings and improve outcomes and apply lessons learned from given examples.
- Describe what makes software a medical device and what risks subjects should consent to and determine the level of risk posed to the subjects.
- List examples of how big data has been used for chronic disease management and evaluate their successes and lessons learned and apply this knowledge to future innovations in your field.
- Determine the risks of big data repositories and vulnerability to cyberattacks and how to mitigate them without making them unusable.
- Discuss future frameworks and management of privacy in the information age.
- Review potential solutions for facilitating the security of data without creating unnecessary obstacles.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at The Scott Resort. In order to receive the special rate of $275 plus tax, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the cut-off date of March 1, 2022, whichever comes first. After March 1, 2022, reservations will be taken on space and rate availability.
Click here to make your reservation online. You may also call 800.528.7867 to make your reservation. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Contemporary Challenges in Bioethics course when making your reservation.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.25 Attendance