(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
Hematology/Oncology Workshop - LIVESTREAM
October 14, 2021 - LIVESTREAM - CT
Hospital care models are transforming, and nurse practitioners and physician assistants play vital roles in the care delivery of hospitalized patients. The 6th Annual Inpatient Medicine for NPs & PAs: Hospital Medicine from Admission to Discharge fills your CME needs. This conference emphasizes clinical management of hospitalized patients in an interactive, case-based format with evidence-based lectures by experts in treatment pathways from admission to discharge.
|Hematology Oncology Workshop (Oct. 14 - 12:30 pm - 5:15 pm)||$150|
This course is designed for internists, hospitalists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, and allied health from novice to experienced.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe how to provide high-level care to all patients based on the most recent practice guidelines, medical evidence and standards of care.
- Describe the most recent treatment guidelines for caring for patients hospitalized with COVID.
- Discuss three signs or symptoms of a patient who has developed an acute exacerbation of heart failure and name three initial appropriate treatment options for hospitalized patients.
- Discuss two ways to improve mortality rates and decrease recurrent exacerbation's for patients with chronic heart failure.
- Describe the most recent treatment recommendations for acute VTE in hospitalized patients.
- Discuss transfusion thresholds and evidence based guidelines when using blood products on hospitalized patients.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Amanda J. Chaney, APRN, D.N.P.
Andrew (Andy) J. Herber, P.A.-C.
James (Jamie) S. Newman, M.D., M.H.A.
Michael J. Maniaci, M.D.
Katey M. Wert, P.A.-C.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 4.00 ANCC contact hours.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 4.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 4.00 AAPA Category 1
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 ANCC
- 4.00 Attendance