Clinical Updates in Allergy and Immunology 2023 Livestream (virtual)
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options
August 3 - 6, 2023 - Internet Live Activity
Mayo Clinic's Clinical Updates in Allergy and Immunology held in Half Moon Bay, California, and via livestream, is designed to deliver a present-day understanding of allergic disorders with an emphasis on the translation of allergy knowledge to clinical practice. The focus for this year's course is respiratory and related allergic diseases, in addition to common allergy conditions. This structured theme-based program includes evidence-based and emerging clinical approaches presented by expert faculty from Allergy, Pulmonary Medicine, ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) and other medical specialties to provide a comprehensive and multidisciplinary perspective on allergic disorders.
This course is designed for allergists, internists, family medicine physicians, and pediatricians. Nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and others involved in primary care with a specific interest in allergy may also benefit from this course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the multidisciplinary intervention strategies for management of respiratory related allergic disease including asthma, chronic sinusitis, nasal polyposis, allergic rhinitis, and other common allergic conditions like chronic urticaria, anaphylaxis, drug rashes and food allergy.
- Recognize specific clinical features, diagnosis and management of aspirin exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD) and allergic fungal sinusitis (AFS).
- Describe the indications, appropriate patient selection and side effects of recent FDA approved medications in allergy, as well as emerging therapeutics for management of allergic disease.
- Summarize updates and clinical practice strategies in the areas of asthma, adult and pediatric food allergy, COVID/allergy issues, primary immune deficiency, chronic rhinosinusitis, anaphylaxis, adult and pediatric asthma, urticaria, sleep apnea along with other common allergic diseases.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|General Session||Credit Breakdown|
ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 16.50 ABIM
- 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.50 Attendance
To claim credit for livestream participation in this course, learners must view the content during the hours posted for the live activity. This course is not approved for on-demand delivery.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.