Livestream Course Options
Course Directors: Elizabeth W. Cozine, M.D., and Jill M. Huber, M.D.
November 6 - 8, 2023 - Internet Live Activity - Rochester, Minnesota
Mayo Clinic's 97th Annual Clinical Reviews seeks to update primary care providers on the latest recommendations involving medical subspecialties. The course provides a comprehensive program of lectures on topics of general interest in medicine, surgery, and pediatrics relevant to clinical practice.
This course is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses practicing in primary care, family medicine, and internal medicine.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the appropriate immunizations administered to children and adults for protection against preventable infectious diseases
- Describe new guidelines on the surgical evaluation and treatment for benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Define a surveillance and management plan for breast cancer survivors in the primary care clinic
- Assess symptoms of long COVID and devise a treatment plan for symptom management
- Identify appropriate tools for identification and management of pediatric obesity
- Recommend a management strategy for challenging behavioral symptoms in the patient with dementia
- Identify opportunities to enhance the accuracy of the physical examination for diagnosing common musculoskeletal conditions
- Review current guidelines for asthma diagnosis and treatment
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 19.50 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 19.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 19.50 AAPA Category 1
- 19.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 19.50 ANCC
- 19.50 Attendance