Monkeypox: Special populations and prophylaxis - Live Webinar
Live Webinar Attendees: Select Register to begin claiming credit for this webinar.
Mayo Clinic Monkeypox Live Webinar Series: Special populations and prophylaxis
Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. CT
In this free one-hour webinar, experts from Mayo Clinic will discuss what health care providers need to know about monkey pox in special populations, as well as addition to pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis. Continuing education credit is available for $25.
- Moderator: Atul Jain, M.D., M.S., FACP, associate dean, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development; vice-chair and consultant, Department of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic in Arizona; assistant professor of medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Featured Expert: Robert (Bob) K. Horsley, M.D., AAHIVS, senior associate consultant, Division of Community Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- Featured Expert: Aditya (Adi) S. Shah, M.B.B.S., senior associate consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic; assistant professor of medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
Utilization of this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be in this course.
- Identify what population is most affected by the 2022 monkeypox outbreak
- Describe some theories as to why this population is disproportionately affected by monkeypox
- Diagnose monkeypox infection
- Identify correct treatment strategies for monkeypox patients
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.