Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2021 - LIVESTREAM
September 9 - 12, 2021 - Livestream (CT)
The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is a high-yield program designed to prepare candidates for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) initial and maintenance of certification examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. Case-based content delivered by Mayo Clinic faculty provides learners with the most time-efficient, comprehensive review to assist in successful preparation for the board exam. In addition, attendees receive up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately into daily clinical practice.
- Mayo Clinic faculty share more than 20 years of experience preparing learners for the board exam
- Recommended by nearly 100 percent of attendees
- Access to course recordings until the spring recertification exam
- Earn more than 30 ABIM MOC points with your CME credit
- Interactive livestream format with dedicated Q&A sessions
Study materials included with registration
- Online access to course recordings until the spring recertification exam
- Access to all presentation slides and additional study materials in a mobile app with note-taking features
- Electronic course syllabus
- Electronic question and answer book, which compiles the board-review type questions from the course
- Electronic 100+ questions practice test
- Electronic list of daily, high-yield facts and images
- Optional - Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review textbook (Fifth Edition) - select at registration
This course is designed for GI fellows and individuals preparing for GI board exams and recertifications. Others that may find this course beneficial include, gastroenterologists needing MOC, GI nurse assistants, NPs, PAs, research personnel, GI assistants, and internists with interest in GI.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common liver diseases, including viral hepatitis, autoimmune, and inherited.
- Review the management of complications of cirrhosis.
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing, including manometry, and impedence pH testing.
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations.
- Review common malabsorptive disorders.
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions.
- Review colonic disorders, including constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, and hereditary polyposis syndromes.
- Examine the management of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary malignancies, including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct, and pancreas.
- Examine relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 32.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 32.50 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 32.50 ABIM
- 32.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 32.50 Attendance
Virtual Exhibit Opportunities
This course offers the opportunity for commercial companies to showcase their latest innovations and share information on products and services with attendees and faculty in a virtual environment. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please contact us.