Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2023
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options
Course Directors: David Bruining, M.D., Michael D. Leise, M.D., Karthik Ravi, M.D.
September 7 - 10, 2023 - Loews Chicago Hotel - Chicago, Illinois
The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is a high-yield program designed to prepare candidates for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) initial and maintenance of certification examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. Case-based content delivered by Mayo Clinic faculty provides learners with the most time-efficient, comprehensive review to assist in successful preparation for the board exam. In addition, attendees receive up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately into daily clinical practice.
- Recommended by nearly 100 percent of attendees
- Mayo Clinic faculty share more than 20 years of experience preparing learners for the board exam
- Interactive format with dedicated Q&A sessions
- Obtain Mayo Clinic study materials including a 100+ question practice test
- Comprehensive and time-efficient high-yield review
- Convenient location with local attractions
- Access to course recordings until the spring recertification exam
This course is designed for GI fellows and individuals preparing for GI board exams and recertifications. Others that may find this course beneficial include, gastroenterologists needing MOC, GI nurse assistants, NPs, PAs, research personnel, GI assistants, and internists with interest in GI.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common liver diseases including viral hepatitis, autoimmune and inherited
- Review the management of complications of cirrhosis
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing including manometry and impedance pH testing
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations
- Review common malabsorptive disorders
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions
- Review colonic disorders including constipation, inflammatory bowel disease and hereditary polyposis syndromes
- Examine the management of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary malignancies including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct and pancreas
- Examine relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Lodging - Rooms Available
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Loews Chicago Hotel for discounted rates starting at $239/night. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before August 16, 2023 or before the room block fills.
Reservations are based on space and rate availability. Additional taxes will apply.
Superior King Bed - $239/night
Premium Double Bed - $269/night
Click here to make hotel room reservation online or call 1-877-868-8232 to make reservation by phone (please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review course).
Valet and self-parking options are available for additional fees.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Developemnt is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registration such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 32.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 32.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 32.75 Attendance
Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
The Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review course is pleased to offer the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring the course, please complete the following:
- Review the Exhibitor Prospectus
- Create an account/profile (or log-in)
- Complete the Exhibitor Agreement Form.
Contact us for additional information.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.