Hands-on Workshop (In-person only) Limited Enrollment
Course Director: Karthik Ravi, M.D.
Course Co-Directors: Prasad G. Iyer, M.D., Marcelo F. Vela, M.D. and Herbert C. Wolfsen, M.D.
December 3, 2022 - Saturday Morning Concurrent Sessions, 7:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. (MST)
Hands-on workshop for interpretation and performance of motility studies, new endoscopic imaging techniques and endoscopic mucosal resection and ablation. *See program for details about the Hands-on Workshop Stations.
Hands-on Stations (4):
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Techniques of Clip (TTS, OTS) and Stent Placement
Esophageal Laboratory Testing Sessions (4)
- Advanced Imaging in Barrett’s Esophagus and Esophageal Disease
- Reading Ambulatory Reflux Monitoring Tests
- Reading Basic Esophageal Manometry
- Reading Advanced Esophageal Manometry
Required to Select One:
|Hands-on Workshop (In-person only) Limited Enrollment||$0.00||$0.00|
|Advanced Practice Provider Session||$0.00||$0.00|
This course is designed for practicing gastroenterologists, fellows and residents in gastroenterology. Thoracic surgeons, otolaryngologists and pulmonologists, as well as other healthcare professionals with an interest in esophageal diseases may benefit from this program.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe achalasia and esophagogastric junction outflow obstruction as defined by the Chicago classification.
- Apply new guidelines in the management of patients with Barrett’s esophagus.
- Identify patients with Barrett's esophagus who are appropriate candidates for endoscopic eradication therapy including endoscopic mucosal resection and radiofrequency ablation.
- Describe the role of dietary therapy in eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Summarize the appropriate use of tools to diagnose and assess treatment response in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Assess the potential effects of opioids on esophageal motility.
- Review the potential effects of bariatric surgery on esophageal function.
- Describe the clinical and endoscopic management of patients with benign refractory esophageal strictures.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic
5665 East Mayo Boulevard
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
Phone: (800) 331-3131 or (480) 563-1500
Conveniently located on the Mayo Clinic Hospital campus, the Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic offers spacious suites, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, high-speed internet access, fitness facilities, swimming pool, and a business center.
A block of studio suites at a special group rate of $155 (USD), single or double occupancy, per night, plus applicable state/local taxes, is available. Parking is $10 per vehicle, plus tax per day. Group rates apply three days prior to and after the course dates, based upon space and rate availability.
Make your reservation before the room block is filled or the cut-off date of November 1, 2022. Reservations received after this date will be accepted on a rate and space available basis. When making your reservation, identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Esophageal Course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
ASU Health Futures Center is located just east of the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is located 21 miles from Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.
Karthik Ravi, M.D.
Prasad G. Iyer, M.D.
Marcelo F. Vela, M.D.
Herbert C. Wolfsen, M.D.
Barham K Abu Dayyeh, M.D.
Jeffrey A. Alexander, MD
Amindra S. Arora, M.B., B.Chir.
Navtej S. Buttar, M.D.
David J. Cangemi, M.D.
Sara A. Charney, M.S., CCC-SLP
Don (Chamil) C. Codipilly, M.D.
Kenneth R. DeVault, MD
Douglas O. Faigel, M.D.
Daniela M. Fluxa Cardenas, M.D.
Norio Fukami, M.D.
Jessica W. Gregor, M.S., CCC-SLP
Jennifer L. Horsley Silva, M.D.
Allon Kahn, M.D.
Amrit K. Kamboj, M.D.
Andree H. Koop, M.D.
William (Will) E. Karle, M.D.
Vivek Kumbhari, M.B.Ch.B., Ph.D.
Ryan J. Law, D.O.
Cadman L. Leggett, M.D.
Sarel J. Myburgh, APRN, C.N.P., M.S.
Michael C. (Mike) Olson, M.D.
Rahul Pannala, M.D.
Francisco C. Ramirez, M.D.
Michelle F. Sharpe, RDN
Jill R. Snuggerud, M.S., L.P.
Diana L. Snyder, M.D.
Melina V. Sommese, P.A.-C.
Kornpong (KP) Vantanasiri, M.D.
Andrea E. Wagner, APRN, C.N.P, M.S.
Louis M. Wong Kee Song, M.D.
Han Zhang, M.D.
C. Prakash Gyawali, M.D., MRCP
Washington University School of Medicine
St. Louis, Missouri
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.