3rd Annual Hematology, Oncology & Blood & Marrow Transplant for NPs & PAs 2019
Course Directors: Amber B. Koehler, P.A.-C. and Darci L. Zblewski, APRN, C.N.P.
This conference provides NPs and PAs with cutting-edge information on caring for patients in oncology, hematology, and blood and marrow transplant for the novice and seasoned provider.
As a world renowned medical center striving for excellence in patient care, innovation and research, come and learn with your fellow NPs & PAs about the active roles that advanced practice providers are playing in advancing the constantly evolving fields of hematology, oncology and blood and marrow transplant.
The conference features:
- Pre-conference Palliative Care workshop (Sept 13th)
- Keynote: Thriving Amid Change, Catherine T. Botz, M.Ed., Instructor in Health Care Systems Engineering, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- 17.75 AMA, AAPA and ANCC credits/contact hours
- 8.25 hours designated pharmacology content
- Panel Q&A sessions to address real world problems encountered in daily practice
- Lunchtime topical networking tables with clinical expert faculty (Live event only)
- Saturday evening wine and cheese networking event (Live event only)
NP and PA students call 800-323-2688 for a discount.
Exhibitor Information (Live Event Only)
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the exhibit form below and submit to Laura Wilson.
This course is designed for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, advance practice nurses, nurses, and other allied health professionals with an interest in hematology, oncology and blood and marrow transplant.
- Assemble and integrate new knowledge and research findings into the evaluation and treatment of hematology, oncology and blood and marrow transplant patients.
- Summarize current trends and describe new updates in Colorectal Cancer and Lung Cancer.
- Identify the most common side effects and general management strategies when using new treatments in immunotherapy.
- Summarize the role of CAR-T cell therapy and expected side effects in treatment of hematologic malignancies.
- Describe new medications/interventions for management of GVHD.
- Palliative Care Workshop Learning Objective: Describe how to increase utilization of Palliative Care services and strategies in the care of hematology, oncology and blood and marrow transplant patients.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the following downtown Rochester hotel. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of August 23, 2019, whichever comes first. Reservations will be taken following this date based on space and rate availability. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Hematology/Oncology NPPA course when making your reservation.
Rochester Marriott Hotel
101 First Avenue SW
877-623-7775 or 507-280-6000
The hotel listed above is connected by skyway and pedestrian subway to conference facilities, downtown shops, and restaurants. You may wish to visit the Rochester Convention and Visitors Bureau website and/or Rochester website for additional accommodation options and area information.
Katrina M. Bezak, APRN, C.N.P.
Yale-New Haven Medical Center
New Haven, Connecticut
Susan E. Kirk, P.A.-C.
Texas Children's Hospital
Catherine T. Botz, M.Ed.
Carl M. Christensen, P.A.-C.
Brenda L. Frye, P.A.-C.
Megan E. Grudem, APRN, C.N.P.
Yapeng Gu, P.A.-C.
Mindy L. Hartgers, APRN, C.N.P.
Yi Lisa Hwa, APRN, C.N.P., D.N.P.
Amber B. Koehler, P.A.-C.
Carol L. Kuhle, D.O., M.P.H.
Elizabeth A. Lohmann, P.A.-C., M.S.
Allison L. McClanahan, APRN, C.N.P.
Adrienne N. Nedved, Pharm.D., R.Ph.
Anna J. Schwecke, APRN, C.N.P., M.S.
Sydney L. Schone, APRN, C.N.P., D.N.P.
Megan T. Spychalla, P.A.-C.
Jean F. Stahl, APRN, C.N.P.
Darci L. Zblewski, APRN, C.N.P.
Catherine (Cate) D. Zomok, P.A.-C.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 17.75 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.75 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Designated Pharmacology Hours 8.25
General Session 14.25 Credits/Contact hours
Pharmacology designated hours 7.25
Palliative Care workshop 3.5 Credits/Contact hours
Pharmacology designated hours 1.0
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.75 AAPA Category 1 Self-assessment
- 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 17.75 ANCC
- 17.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.