Advances in Breast Cancer Management 2017
Course Directors: Alvaro Moreno-Aspitia, M.D., Katherine Ruddy, M.D., Minetta Liu, M.D.
This course will provide an overview of the most recent advances in the management of patients with early and advanced stage breast cancer. Topics include genetic predisposition, molecular characterization, systemic therapy and survivorship. The course is intended to provide practical, evidence-based information on clinically relevant issues for physicians and allied health personnel involved in patient care. The didactic format will provide significant opportunities for interaction with the expert faculty and other attendees via interactive keypad systems, case presentations, panel discussions, and open question and answer sessions.
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Scientist||$495.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional||$375.00|
To register for this course, you will first need to set up a profile and/or login. Once logged in, return to this page and register.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the attached exhibit forms and submit to Linda Gibson.
This course is designed for medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, oncology nurses, and healthcare professionals involved in cancer care. Also of interest to general internal medicine physicians who may want to enhance their oncologic knowledge.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the role of the immune system in the fight against breast cancer and review novel immunotherapies
- Identify state-of-the-art treatment strategies for women with early stage breast cancer
- Identify state-of-the-art treatment strategies for women with metastatic breast cancer
- Employ best practices and symptom management for breast cancer survivors
- Discuss clinical controversies and challenges in the treatment of breast cancer
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 9.50 AOA
- 9.25 Attendance