Fifth Biennial Melanoma Patient Education Symposium 2017
Course Director: Svetomir N. Markovic, M.D., Ph.D., Jessica L. Brandt, R.N., O.C.N.
This educational conference is designed for patients, survivors and family members who have survived or are living with melanoma. The newest and safest treatments and guidelines will be shared with the attendees. The educational topics cover surgical treatments, vaccine therapies, immune therapy treatments, clinical trials, side effect management and patient stories.
|Register on or before May 5||Register on or after May 6|
This conference is designed for patients, families and caregivers whose lives are affected by melanoma .
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Review up-to-date information on risk factors, incidence, screening, diagnosis and prevention for melanoma
- Describe surgical interventions, emerging therapies, research and patient care for melanoma
- Identify medical options for treating advanced stage melanoma including innovative research trials
- Identify issues faced by individuals diagnosed with an treated for melanoma
- Review practical approaches to decrease stress and increase resilience
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
ATTENTION: To register for this course, you will first need to login or create a profile. Once logged in, return to this page and scroll to the bottom to register for this course.