April 10 - 11, 2015 Westin Chicago River North, Chicago, Illinois
This two-day course is presented by Mayo faculty discussing the role of blood and marrow transplantation (BMT) for hematologic malignancies and solid tumors in an era when new therapies for these diseases are becoming available. The course is for hematology-oncology physicians, allied health practitioners, and nurses and helps increase their understanding of when patients should be referred for BMT in the course of their disease.
|Allied Health/Student Course Registration||$325.00|
|Physician/Scientist Course Registration||$400.00|
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Utilize patient stratification strategies to determine the most appropriate therapies for patients with hematologic malignancies
- Integrate the blood & marrow transplantation (BMT) process into current treatment strategies when clinically indicated to improve patient outcomes
- Describe new innovations and limitations in stem cell mobilization
- Explain how different stem cell sources can be utilized to optimize BMT outcomes for patients
- Differentiate the advantages & disadvantages of autologous vs. allogeneic transplantation
- Recognize patient- and treatment- related factors affecting immune reconstitution following BMT
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate care of long-term survivors of BMT
- Review the use of targeted therapies in metastatic renal cell carcinoma and other malignancies
- Describe relevant pharmacologic issues related to the polypharmacy of patients in the post-BMT period
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 11 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Catherine Schilling at email@example.com.