Infectious Diseases Practice Updates 2020
March 2 - 6, 2020 - The Fairmont Orchid - Waimea, Hawaii
This interactive course provides practical updates on common topics and challenges faced with infectious diseases, and key information on the application of new developments in the field. Information will be delivered by subject matter experts using case-based presentations and in-depth discussions including question and answer sessions geared to increase knowledge, performance and patient outcomes. This course focuses on tick-borne diseases, orthopedic infections, cardiovascular infections, HIV/AIDS, advances in antimicrobial therapy including phage therapy, infections in the patients with hematologic malignancies, infectious diseases in the transplant recipients and selected fungal diseases. Attendees will leave with up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately to their clinical practice.
- Practical updates that can be immediately applied into daily practice
- Case-based, interactive presentations
- Review of new guidelines, developments and literature in the field
- Dedicated time for questions and discussion
- One-on-one time with faculty at breakfast roundtable sessions
- Geared towards increasing clinician knowledge and improving patient outcomes
- Access to course recordings for one year
|M.D., D.O. Ph.D.||$1,050|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$950|
|Pre-Course Session (Keeping Ourselves Fit & Healthy!)||$200|
This course is relevant for infectious diseases specialists, infectious diseases trainees, internists, pharmacists, hospitalists, and clinical infectious diseases researchers. The content will also benefit physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, family physicians and clinical microbiologists with interest in managing patients with infections.
- Explain the diagnosis and management of tick-borne diseases
- Identify and describe principles of diagnosis and management of complex cardiovascular and orthopedic infections
- Explain updates in management of infections in transplant recipients and patients with hematological malignancies
- Describe epidemiology and new treatment paradigms in HIV/AIDS
- Discuss advances in antimicrobial therapy including phage therapy
- Review top literature updates in infectious diseases
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Fairmont Orchid starting at $319/night. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before January 31, 2020, or before the room block fills. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Infectious Diseases course when making your reservation. Reservations are based on space and rate availability. A daily resort fee of $15 per room, per night, plus tax will apply.
Garden View: $319/night
Partial Ocean View: $339/night
Ocean View: $379/night
There is no charge for children under eighteen (18) years of age sharing the same room with their parents and utilizing existing bedding. There will be an additional charge of $75.00 per night, plus tax beginning with the third adult (18 years or older) in a room. Maximum occupancy is four (4) adults or two (2) adults and two (2) children per room.
Daily Resort Charge ($15)
The daily resort charge of $30 is discounted at a rate of $15 per room, per night, plus tax for all attendees staying at the resort. The fee includes the following:
- Unlimited basic internet access in guest rooms and resort public areas
- Self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Local, domestic long distance and 1-800 access calls from guest room
- In-room bottled water, refreshed daily at turndown
- 24-hour access to the fitness center
- On demand shuttle transportation within the Mauna Lani Resort
- Snorkel equipment rental (based on two sets per room, per day - resort use only)
- Various cultural activities including daily arts and crafts, cultural hikes, tide pool, and snorkel instructions (subject to space availability)
- 10% discount on published pricing for Fairmont Orchid Luau
- 45-minute photo shoot on the scenic grounds of the Fairmont Orchid with Pacific Dream Photography (subject to space availability)
Lodging arrangement are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
Mayo Clinic Faculty
Matthew P. Abdel, M.D.
Neil M. Ampel, M.D.
Andrew D. Badley, M.D.
Elena Beam, M.D.
Elie F. Berbari, M.D.
John K. Bohman, M.D.
Wendelyn Bosch, M.D.
Daniel C. DeSimone, M.D.
Michelle A. Elliott, M.D.
Mark J. Enzler, M.D.
Philip T. Hagen, M.D.
Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., M.S., M.P.H.
Claudia R. Libertin, M.D.
Douglas R. Osmon, M.D.
Robin Patel, M.D.
Nipunie S. Rajapakse, M.D.
Raymund R. Razonable, M.D.
Stacey A. Rizza, M.D.
Priya Sampathkumar, M.D.
M. Teresa A. Seville, M.D.
Irene G. Sia, M.D.
M. Rizwan Sohail, M.D.
Gina A. Suh, M.D.
Aaron J. Tande, M.D.
Zelalem Temesgen, M.D.
Elitza S. Theel, Ph.D.
Matthew J. Thoendel, M.D., Ph.D.
Paschalis Vergidis, M.D.
Holenarasipur R. Vikram, M.D.
Joseph D. Yao, M.D.
Sarah Park, M.D.
Eugene D. Shapiro, M.D.
Julia E. Szymczak, Ph.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 29.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Session Breakdown||AMA Credits|
|General Session (March 2-6, 2020||24.75|
|Sunday Pre-Course Session (March 1, 2020)||4.25|
|Maximum Total Credits||29.00|
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 22.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 22.75 ABIM
- 29.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 29.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.