(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
Infectious Diseases Subspecialties Update 2017
Course Directors: Elie Berbari, M.D., Abinash Virk, M.D., Bobbi Pritt, M.D.
This course focuses on an update in infectious diseases subspecialties. It provides a comprehensive review of infectious diseases that focuses on the clinical application of new developments. The course offers case-based presentations, in-depth discussions and interactive sessions, all geared to increase knowledge, performance and patient outcomes. Attendees will leave with up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately to their clinical practice.
- Get the latest updates in infectious diseases subspecialties from Mayo Clinic experts and Guest Faculty, including from the CDC, to immediately improve your clinical practice
- Increase your knowledge, performance and patient outcomes through relevant, case-based presentations, in-depth discussions, debates, and interactive sessions
- Learn about a broad range of topics, including tick-borne diseases, genitourinary infections, orthopedic infections, cardiovascular infections, HIV/AIDS, infections in the intensive care unit, and infectious diseases in transplant recipients
- Leave with up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately to your daily practice
|Full Fee - M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$825.00|
|Reduced Fee - Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional||$725.00|
This course was designed with infectious disease specialists, infectious diseases trainees, internists, pharmacists, hospitalists, and clinical researchers in mind. The content will also benefit physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, family physicians and clinical microbiologists.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Explain the diagnosis and management of tick-borne diseases.
- Identify and describe principles of diagnosis and management of cardiovascular and orthopedic infections.
- Document the spectrum of infectious disease emergencies.
- Confidently identify genitourinary infections.
- Describe epidemiology and new treatment paradigms in HIV/AIDS.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 22.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™