Optimizing Provider Potential: Beating Burnout 2019
Course Directors:Greg Couser, M.D.
This session is designed to target recognition and response to burnout. This activity shifts paradigm for providers from a traditional medical model to a preventive model. This activity lets providers work together to explore core values, strengths, and goals, while emphasizing the importance of collegial social support. As providers learn to look for what is right instead of what is wrong in themselves and colleagues, they create their own burnout solutions and lead by example for their patients. As a result of this activity, providers are more equipped to discuss burnout with patients and help bust the stigma associated with mental health.
|Optimizing Provider Potential: Beating Burnout||$200|
Optimizing Potential is a program using superhero metaphors designed to help rekindle meaning in our work and home life.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Recognize signs and symptoms of burnout.
• Identify the key drivers of burnout.
• Create at least one personal action to prevent burnout in own life.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
There is no charge for children under eighteen (18) years of age sharing the same room with their parents and utilizing existing bedding. There will be an additional charge of $75.00 per night, plus tax for the third adult (18 years or older) in a room. The maximum number of persons per room is three (3) adults or two (2) adults and two (2) children.
Daily Resort Charge ($15):
- Unlimited basic internet access in guest rooms and resort public areas
- Self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Local, domestic long distance and 1-800 access calls from your guest room
- In-room bottled water, refreshed daily at turndown
- 24-hour access to the fitness center
- On-demand shuttle transportation within the Mauna Lani Resort.
- Snorkel equipment rental (based on up to two sets per room, per day)
- Various cultural activities (canoe rides, daily arts and crafts, hikes, tide pool and snorkel introductions)
- 10% discount on published pricing for Fairmont Orchid Luau
- 45-minute photo shoot on the screen grounds of Fairmont Orchid with Pacific Dream Photography (subject to availability).
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 32 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
General Session Total: 28
Session Breakdown Total: 4.0
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.