Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology Review Course 2020 - LIVESTREAM
Course Directors: Jonathan Johnson, M.D., Benjamin Eidem, M.D., Frank Cetta, M.D., Bryan C. Cannon, M.D., Paul Kantor, M.D., Robert Shaddy, M.D.
The 2020 Pediatric & Adult Congenital Cardiology Review Course will be a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of all aspects of pediatric and adult congenital cardiology. Well-known experts in the fields of Pediatric Cardiology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Anesthesia, Cardiac Intensive Care, Cardiac Pathology, and Cardiovascular Surgery will provide in-depth lectures, case presentations, and interactive discussions. This course will cover the wide spectrum of subspecialty content important to individuals preparing for certification in Pediatric Cardiology or Adult Congenital Heart Disease. A question and answer session with simulated board questions will be held each evening to review the daily course content as well as hone the participant’s test-taking skills.
|General Session (includes Neonatal Session)|
|M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$1,095|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$995|
|Neonatal Session Only||$250|
This course is designed for recent graduates of Pediatric Cardiology subspecialty training programs preparing to take the Pediatric Cardiology Sub Board certification examination as well as the practicing pediatric cardiologist planning to re-certify for this Board examination. This course is also ideally designed for the pediatric cardiologist, adult cardiologist, or primary care practitioner who desires a comprehensive review of all aspects of pediatric cardiology.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe how to evaluate, diagnose, and treat the fetus, infant, child, and adult with congenital heart disease
- Describe salient anatomic and hemodynamic features of congenital heart disease utilizing two-dimensional, Doppler, transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal echocardiography
- Describe invasive hemodynamics, angiography, and interventions in the diagnosis and management of patients with congenital heart disease
- Interpret ECGs and electrophysiology studies in infants, children, and adults with rhythm disorders
- Interpret the various physiologic responses to exercise and how these responses are impacted in patients with congenital heart disease
- Describe the rationale for treatment of the postoperative and critically ill patient in the cardiac ICU setting
- Integrate statistical principles accurately and effectively in research study design
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 51.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 51.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 51.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.