Straight Talk on COVID-19 - Updates from Mayo Clinic - LIVESTREAM
Straight Talk on COVID-19 - Updates from Mayo Clinic - Livestream
July 20-24, 2020
3:00 PM - 5:15 PM - CST
This interactive, case-based CME course provides the “straight talk” on COVID-19 clinical management, diagnosis and prevention. The sessions will be led by Mayo Clinic experts across medical disciplines including infectious diseases, radiology, critical care, cardiology, pulmonology, clinical microbiology and infection prevention and control. Learners can interact with faculty by asking questions via interactive online platforms.
- Relevant for all medical practitioners
- Interactive online format
- Access to course recordings post-course
Designed for all medical practitioners, this is a comprehensive course dedicated to SARS-CoV-2 related infection (COVID-19) to increase awareness of the pathophysiology of the virus, clinical management, diagnosis and infection control challenges. The course will feature subject matter experts in infectious diseases, radiology, critical care, cardiology, pulmonary-critical care, infection control and prevention, and others to reflect on this novel, multi-disciplinary disease process.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Examine the underlying pathophysiology of SARS-CoV-2
- Review putative therapeutic agents and proposed mechanisms of action
- Review the key stages of clinical diseases, natural history, and disease progression
- Review key published papers on COVID-19
- Describe the spectrum and utilization of laboratory testing for COVID-19, including advantages and limitations
- Review key radiographic features in patients with COVID-19
- Review transmission of SARS-CoV-2
- Identify and examine infection prevention and control challenges
- Describe the pathophysiology of respiratory failure and ARDS associated with COVID-19 and identify interventions
- Identify COVID-19 complications and manifestations including cardiac, hypercoagulability and others
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 10.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.