Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation 2019 - Allied Health Track (SATURDAY ONLY)
The Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation is a two-day symposium designed to update participants on a range of nephrology topics relevant to current medical practice. Through a combination of lectures, literature review, and case-based presentations, this symposium will deliver up-to-date and cutting edge information that can be directly integrated into clinical practice.
On or Before
January 25, 2019
Physicians and Scientists
|ARNPs, PAs, Pharmacists, Residents, Fellows and Retirees||$300||$400|
|RNs, CCHT and Allied Health||$200||$300|
|Allied Health Track (Saturday Only)||$150||$150|
Call for Abstracts- Deadline December 21, 2018
As part of the Mayo Clinic Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation course, an e-Poster session for presentation of original research and challenging cases dedicated to the fields of Nephrology, Transplant and Hypertension will be held at this meeting. Abstracts can be submitted in the following formats:
- Research: The conference will also review randomized trials, outcome studies, potential practice innovations, basic and translational research, as well as health economics of patient care. Also research into systems-based practice innovation or improvements will be reviewed for acceptance.
- Challenging Cases. These may include challenging clinical cases encountered in practice (ie., case reports) of those encountered in clinical practice.
Posters will be peer-reviewed. Accepted abstract recipients will be notified by email after the deadline, Monday, December 21, 2018. At least one of the authors must register and attend the conference. Please email FLA CME Abstracts for additional details.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Florida Exhibits.
This course is intended for the all members of the nephrology community and will be of interest to nephrologists, nephrology trainees, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, primary care physicians and other specialists who participate in the care of patients with kidney disorders and kidney and/or pancreas transplants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- List new practice changing developments in nephrology, hypertension and transplantation
- Summarize the current clinical practice guidelines for Nephrology
- Recognize the complex clinical presentations of patients with renal disorders
- Identify current therapies for renal disorders
- Cite the evidence based screening guidelines for renal disorders
- Examine recent advances and changes in clinical practice
- Describe treatment and pathophysiological relationships of renal diseases
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
A block of rooms has been reserved for attendees and their guests at a special course rate of $209 single/double at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, Orlando, FL. To receive the course rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled on or by Tuesday, February 5, 2019, whichever comes first. Reservations will be taken following this date based on space and rate availability. To make your reservation, call 1-800-996-3426 and ask for the Mayo Clinic Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology group discount or make your reservation Online.
A Resort Services Fee of $25.00 per room per day will be waived for all guest rooms utilized within the Group’s room block.
This includes the following services:
- Shuttle Service to and from Disney parks and Disney Springs
- In-Room and Public Area Premium High Speed Internet
- 2 Bottled Waters in Room per day
- USA Today Newspaper
- Pool towels for resort area use
- 5 Pools, 2 lazy rivers, 2 kid’s splash parks and 9 Hot Tubs
- Access to WVO Playground, Game Rooms, Miniature Golf, Picnic/BBQ Areas and Ping Pong
- 10% off any retail or Spa service in Blue Harmony Spa
- Children 5 years old and under eat free with paying adult for Breakfast in Tesoro Cove
- Children 11 years old and under eat for free in deep blu Seafood Grille with each paying adult
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 6.50 AAPA Category 1
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.50 ANCC
- 6.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.