Microsurgical and Radiological Anatomy of Cerebral Sulci, Gyri, and Ventricles: The Rhoton-de Oliveira Course for Surgical Applications 2019
Course Directors: Evandro de Oliveira, M.D., Ph.D., Rabih G. Tawk, M.D., Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, M.D. and Hung Tzu Wen, M.D., Ph.D.
This course consists of an exciting three-day anatomical dissection of the brain, as well as a compelling review of recent advances in functional neuroscience. Lectures will focus on the practical aspects of basic cerebral anatomy and its application to all cranial surgeries with a primary focus on improving patient care. For hands-on sessions, a demonstration will be performed at the master station, transmitted onto a screen at each workstation while participants work in a team of two on prepared embalmed human cadaveric material under the guidance of a distinguished expert Faculty. The goal is to develop the understanding of surgical anatomy and translate it into standard and advanced neurosurgical approaches by means of lectures, demonstrations, and anatomical dissections.
- Sulci and gyri of the lateral, medial, and basal surface of the brain
- Sylvian fissure, pineal region, central core, and anterior perforated substance
- Anterior, middle, and posterior cerebral arteries and branches
- Anterior circulation aneurysms
- Superficial and deep venous system
- Lateral and third ventricles
- Transsulcal approach to the lateral ventricle
- Trans-intraparietal sulcus and posterior interhemispheric approaches to the atrium
- Anterior interhemispheric transcallosal approach to the frontal horn and body of the lateral ventricle
- Trans-foraminal, interforniceal, trans-velum interpositum, and transchoroidal approaches to the third ventricle
- Transylvian approach to the insula and amigdalo-hippocampectomy
- Posterior interhemispheric transcallosal approach to the pineal region
- Trans-parieto-occipital sulcus approach to the posterior parahippocampal gyrus and isthmus of the cingulate gyrus
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE WILL NOT OFFER CME CREDIT
Full Course with
|Residents, Fellows, Allied Health and Retirees||$600||$350|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Florida Exhibits.
This course is designed for neurosurgery medical providers at various stages of their careers including residents, fellows, attendings, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Formulate a true three- dimensional knowledge of the anatomy of the cerebrum
- Demonstrate the “x-ray vision” or the “see through” concept, in which the anatomy of the structures located in the depth of the cerebrum can be envisioned using anatomical landmarks located on the surface
- Identify the major approaches used in the cerebral surgeries
- Demonstrate the angiographical and MRI correlations of the anatomy
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Simulation Center at Mayo Clinic's Florida campus is located in the Stabile North building on the 8th Floor. Parking is available in multiple lots near the Stabile North Building on W.M. Davis Parkway at no charge. Additional parking is available in the Mayo patient/visitor ramp adjacent to the Davis Building on Mayo Boulevard at $3 per day. The cost for parking is not included in the registration fee.
For those seeking off-campus oceanfront accommodations:
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
200 Ponte Vedra Blvd.
Ponte Vedra, FL 32082
Located 6 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
1000 PGA Tour Blvd
Ponte Vedra Beach FL, 32082
Located 10 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
For those seeking on-campus accommodations:
Mayo Clinic Courtyard by Marriott
14390 Mayo Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) is located 45 minutes from Mayo Clinic. Taxis and rental cars are readily available at the airport. Travel and lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Transportation is highly recommended, as the campus is not within walking distance to dining locations. Attendees are responsible for their own reservations.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE WILL NOT OFFER CME CREDIT
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 23.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.