COVID-19 Manual Prone Positioning - Free Online CNE Course
Course Director: Denise Rismeyer
This free online CNE course describes the process for manual prone positioning therapy and subsequent ongoing assessment and management of intubated patients.
This free online CNE course is designed for nurses and allied health staff caring for intubated patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Outline the procedure for manually placing an intubated patient in the prone position.
- Describe ongoing clinical assessments completed while an intubated patient is in the prone position.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants.
- These documents are being shared for the purpose of collaboration and quality improvement and are copyrighted by Mayo Clinic.
- These documents are not to be copied, distributed or used in any publication.
- Please note these documents are based on Minnesota state statutes. Laws in other states may differ.
- These documents are Mayo Clinic Department of Nursing proprietary resources offered to help healthcare providers develop organization-specific documentation for this procedure and should not be used verbatim.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.
If you are interested in purchasing a license for reuse of this education within your organization, contact email@example.com for more information.