19th Annual Nutrition & Wellness in Health and Disease 2019
Nutrition, physical activity and other healthy lifestyle behaviors are vital components in the promotion of health and in the treatment of disease. This program will highlight ambulatory nutrition and wellness topics with multidisciplinary faculty. Current clinical topics will be highlighted through presentations, interactive case studies and panel discussions. Participants will have many opportunities for interaction with course faculty selected for their expertise, knowledge and clinical acumen.
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Scientist||$750|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$700|
Course highlights are:
- Ambulatory nutrition, wellness, and physical activity topics with multidisciplinary faculty
- Obesity management update for children and adults including diet, lifestyle, medications, and surgical and endoscopic procedures
- Expert panel discussion of management of complex cases related to patients with obesity (with audience participation)
- Current literature updates, hot topics, interactive case studies, and panel discussions
- Many opportunities for interaction with course faculty
This course is designed for physicians (general internal medicine, family medicine, endocrinologists and subspecialists interested in nutrition), advanced practice clinicians (nurse practitioners and physician assistants), dietitians and health and wellness specialists.
- Identify a nutrition, physical activity, behavioral, surgical and/or endoscopic approach for overweight and obese adult and pediatric patients
- Describe the benefits of physical activity (especially high intensity activity) and develop programs for patients
- Recognize the components of healthy eating for patients at risk for or those with cancer
- Analyze the risks and benefits of FAD diets such as ketogenic diet.
- Diagnose common medical conditions associated with obesity and evaluate nutritional and medical management of those with diabetes and dyslipidemia
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates (starting at $269/night plus tax) at the Swissotel Chicago. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the cut-off date of August 30, 2019, whichever comes first. After August 30, 2019, reservations will be taken based on space and rate availability.
Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Nutrition & Wellness Course when making your reservation. Click here to make your reservation online. You may also call the Swissotel Reservations Department at 1-888-737-9477 or the Global Reservations Centre at 1-800-441-1414 to make your reservation.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 18.00 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 18.00 ABIM
- 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 18.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.