Mayo Clinic Neuro-Ophthalmology and Beyond: A Multi-Disciplinary Clinical Case-Based Approach 2021 - LIVESTREAM
Course Director - Eric Eggenberger, D.O.
September 24 - 26, 2021 - Livestream
At this CME course, experts provide a review of and updates on the full spectrum of topics in clinical neuro-ophthalmology, including afferent (ischemic, inflammatory, infectious, compressive and hereditary optic neuropathies, select retinopathies, papilledema), efferent (diplopia and nystagmus), neuro-radiology and pupil dysfunction.
- Lectures by experts in neuro-ophthalmology, neurology, and optometry on clinical topics
- Cases presented to the expert panelists and audience to discuss their practical approach to patient evaluation and management.
On or Before
August 23, 2021
Physicians and Scientists
|Residents, Fellows, Nurses, Allied Health and Retirees||$725.00||$800.00|
This course is designed for physicians who deal with neuro-ophthalmologic patients especially neurologists, ophthalmologists, optometrists, and neurosurgeons, but also other interested practitioners including internists, family care practitioners, emergency room physicians, and PAs.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the varied presentations of common neuro-ophthalmic disease
- Discuss newly described diseases and their connection to neuro-ophthalmology
- Describe the new diagnostic criteria, lab evaluation, and treatment of neuromyelitis optica
- Recognize recent advances in the treatment of optic neuritis
- Identify clinical presentations of and novel treatment for giant cell arteritis
- Recognize potentially life-threatening neuro-ophthalmologic processes presenting to neurologists and eye care physicians
- Discuss diagnosis and management of common neuro-ophthalmic emergencies including Horner syndrome, pituitary apoplexy, CN3 palsy
- Diagnose and evaluate potentially dangerous etiologies of diplopia
- Discuss the uses and limitations of neuroimaging studies as a diagnostic tool in the evaluation of patients with neuro-ophthalmic disease
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 16.75 AOA Category 2-A credits.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.50 COPE credit hours. Optometrists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC - ABPN
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed Mayo Clinic Neuro-Ophthalmology and Beyond: A Multi-Disciplinary Clinical Case Based Approach and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive self-assessment program which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of maintenance of certification. This activity awards up to 17.25 Category 1 CME as Self-Assessment credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.25 ABPN
- 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.75 AOA Category 2-A
- 16.75 Attendance
- 15.50 COPE