2019 Mayo Clinic Advancements in Surgical & Medical Management of the Spine
This course covers current and emerging spine topics driving national change in the quality and delivery of spine care with a focus on the aging spine. Participants from all training backgrounds will learn new skills to excel in providing the best care for the aging spine in the near future. Our wide and varied curriculum delivers Mayo-quality updates via didactics, case presentations, a multidisciplinary spine care staff, and a daily mystery unknown case known as “Spine Curve Ball." Overall, this course will provide a rewarding clinical experience for all spine care practitioners, including surgeons, medical specialists, primary care providers, family medicine providers, as well as physical therapists, clinical nurse practitioners/specialists and physician assistants.
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D||$1,195|
|Reduced Fee: Residents, Fellows, NP, PA and Allied Health Staff||$1,095|
- Unique curriculum delivers Mayo Clinic quality updates via didactics, case presentations, and expert panels
- In-depth discussion of current and emerging spine topics driving national change in the quality and delivery of care
- Designed for surgeons, medical specialists, primary care providers, PTs, CNPs and PAs
- A rewarding learning experience that offers new skills to help spine care practitioners thrive in the spine care environment
This course is designed for Surgeons, physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, nurses, in the medical specialists of orthopedics, neurosurgery, pain medicine, and primary care providers
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Assess and prioritize the operative and non-operative treatment of spine trauma
- Recognize the importance of osteoporosis care and impact on surgical and non-surgical patient outcomes
- Describe the evidence for conservative management of the low back pain patient including the use of spinal injections, opioids, rehabilitation, and complementary medicine options
- Describe an evidence based approach to cervical radiculopathy and stenosis including pharmacologic, nonpharmacologic and surgical treatment options.
- Understand the new science of spinal muscular control and its effect on the low back pain patient
- Review, describe and minimize common and rare complications associated with spine surgery.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Discover a luxury Hawaii resort and spa beautifully located on the majestic Kohala Coast. Immerse yourself in an authentic Hawaii Island vacation experience, surrounded by 32 oceanfront acres of lush tropical gardens, cascading waterfalls and a tranquil white sand beach and lagoon.
Inspired by culture, well-being and genuine aloha, Fairmont Orchid Hawaii is a Four Diamond resort hotel featuring an award-winning Spa, a 10,000 square foot ocean side pool, six restaurants, beach club, year-round children's program, golf, fitness center, tennis pavilion, and our exclusive Fairmont Gold floor.
The resort and surrounding areas of the Kohala Coast remain unimpacted by the volcanic activity taking place in an isolated area on the east side of Hawaii Island, located more than 90 miles from the resort. For more information and island map, please visit Advisories and Guest Updates.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the Fairmont Orchid. See below for the various rates being offered. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of December 13, 2018, whichever comes first. After December 13, 2018, reservations will be taken based on space and rate availability. Each attendee is allowed one guest room at the special course room rate.
Run of Ocean Rooms - $309.00 (Single/Double)
There is no charge for children younger than eighteen (18) years of age sharing the same room with their parents and utilizing existing bedding. There will be an additional charge of $75.00 per night, plus tax beginning with the third adult (18 years or older) in a room. The maximum number of persons per room is four (4) adults or two (2) adults and two (2) children.
Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Spine Course when making your reservation. Call 1-800-845-9905 to make your reservation.
The daily resort charge is reduced to $15.00 per room per night plus tax for all attendees staying at the resort and includes:
- Unlimited basic internet access in guest rooms and resort public areas
- Self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Local, domestic long distance and 1-800 access calls from your guest room
- On-demand shuttle transportation within the Mauna Lani Resort area
- Snorkel equipment rental (based on up to two sets per room, per day – resort use only)
- 10% discount on published pricing for Fairmont Orchid Luau
- Hui Holokai Activites
- Hawaiian Crafts & Culture
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of CPD is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 27.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 27.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 27.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.