2020 Mayo Clinic "Teach the Teachers" Elbow Course - Forging the Future - LIVESTREAM
June 13, 2020 - 7:00 am United States Central Daylight Time (12:00 UTC) - Livestream Event
The Mayo Clinic "Teach the Teacher" Elbow Course is an advanced online CME course designed for orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in elbow surgery, arthroscopy, sports injuries and trauma. The course content will be presented via livestream as a one-day event divided into five categories:
- Traumatic Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Instability
- Elbow Stiffness
- Elbow Sports Injuries
- Elbow Arthroplasty
Each of these categories will be taught by Mayo Clinic faculty using the following structure:
- Case-Based Discussion
- Didactic Feature Presentation
- Presentation of Pre-recorded Live Surgery with expert commentary
- Interactive Cadaver Dissection
- Moderated Question and Answer session with expert panel.
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$250.00|
|Physician Assistant, Physical Therapist||$100.00|
This online livestream course is open to physicians, residents, fellows, physician assistants and physical therapists interested in advanced elbow surgery.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the indications for primary and revision TEA, design advantages and disadvantages, expected outcomes and pearls and pitfalls for accurate placement of TEA.
- Describe the indications, anatomy and techniques for safe elbow arthroscopy
- Describe the etiologies of and potential contribution of the nerves and immune system to contracture formation, anatomy and techniques for releasing elbow contractures through the medial and lateral columns safely.
- Recognize the specific sequelae and treatment options of fractures around the elbow, including nonunions, malunions and arthritis as they pertain to the coronoid, radial head, and capitellum.
- Diagnose, classify and describe treatment strategies of acute and chronic elbow instability.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
This will be an online livestream event. Information on how to connect will be provided after registration. The livestream will begin at 7 am United States Central Daylight Time (12:00 UTC).
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.