Pharmacy Professional Development Day 2020 - CANCELLED
This course has been CANCELLED - see additional courses in Pharmacology
Mayo Clinic is committed to taking care of our patients, learners and staff as we address the COVID-19 situation.
To help protect our communities, the School of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is suspending live courses and conferences through June 30, 2020.
Registrants will be contacted by email as soon as possible with course-specific information.
June 6, 2020 - Mayo Clinic Kinne Auditorium - Jacksonville, Florida
The Pharmacy Professional Development Day is a continuing education (CE) program started in 2018 to provide pharmacy technicians and pharmacists with a venue to obtain live CE, to provide Mayo Clinic pharmacy staff the opportunity to enhance their professional development by serving as speakers, and to continue to expand the institutions’ name as an education provider in the community.
- Offering up to 4 hours of Florida Board approved continuing education for pharmacy technicians and pharmacists
- HIV/AIDS Update, Herbals and Dietary Supplements, and Medication Errors
Non-Mayo Pharmacist and Technicians
|Mayo Pharmacists and Technicians||$20|
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Define HIV/AIDs and identify key population
- Review epidemiology, lifecycle and related infections of HIV
- Discuss modes of transmission, infection control procedures and prevention methods for HIV infection
- Summarize the clinical management of HIV including types of antivirals and antiviral regimens used to treat HIV infection
- Review current Florida law on HIV/AIDS including its impact on testing, confidentiality of test results and treatment of patients
- Discuss how Florida law impacts HIV/AIDs testing, reporting and offering of HIV testing to pregnant women and partner notification issues pursuant to Sections 381.004 and 384.25, F.S.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Offering up to 4 hours of Florida Board approved continuing education for pharmacy technicians and pharmacists. Certificates will be provided to attendees post-activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 4.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.