Cancer and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
The Mayo Clinic Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review is designed for candidates preparing for certifying and maintenance of certification examinations in physical medicine and rehabilitation. This online content is intended to provide a comprehensive review of the topic areas and facilitate additional study if needed.
Andrea L. Cheville, M.D., Professor and Research Chair, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Carmen M. Terzic, M.D., Ph.D., Consultant in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Associate Professor in the College of Medicine
Clinical interests include Cardiovascular and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. Research interests include Stem cells and Cardiovascular Diseases.
To receive CME credit, please do the following:
- Click Take Course
- Watch the presentation
- Complete the evaluation
- Take the quiz (There is a required 80% pass rate in order to earn credit, with 1 retake allowed.)
- Claim Credit
- Download and print certificate
- Review the epidemiology of cancer
- Describe the sources of impairment associated with cancer
- Identify incidence of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
- Recognize the goals and expected outcomes of a cardiac rehabilitation program
- Discuss benefits of a cardiac rehabilitation program
- Identify all elements in an exercise prescription
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance