Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update 2022 - LIVESTREAM
July 26 - 29, 2022 - San Diego, California
The Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update course is conducted by Mayo Clinic sleep researchers and clinicians. This course reviews the latest advances in practice and research using case-based scenarios enriched with personal clinical experiences. This year's expanded course features in-person workshops and interactive question and answer sessions with subject matter experts spanning the gamut of diagnoses in sleep medicine. The course is designed to provide attendees with a comprehensive review of sleep disorders and practical steps to enhance clinical skills and practice.
This course is relevant for sleep medicine specialists including MDs, DOs, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, internists and family medicine specialists, pediatric sleep medicine practitioners and general pediatricians, ENT specialists with interest in sleep apnea, psychiatrists with interest in insomnia, neurologists with interest in sleep associated neurological diagnoses and sleep administrators and practice managers.
AUpon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize different kinds of sleep disordered breathing, basic pathophysiology, testing and commonly employed treatment.
- Employ a personalized approach to managing sleep disordered breathing.
- Recognize appropriate use of advanced positive airway pressure therapy.
- Analyze new consumer-based technological advancements in sleep diagnostics.
- Develop a framework for contributing features of insomnia and how to co-develop management strategies using technology, pharmacologic, and cognitive and behavioral modalities.
- Recognize hypersomnolence and review new approaches to diagnosis and management of hypersomnia.
- Differentiate parasomnia disorders and review testing and management.
- Determine optimal treatment for restless legs syndrome including refractory cases with commonly seen complications.
- Review updates in research and management of parasomnias including REM sleep behavior disorder and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Review new ways to care for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 19.25 medical knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 19.25 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 19.25 ABIM
- 19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 19.25 ANCC
- 19.25 Attendance