Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update 2023
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream attendance options
May 1 - 5, 2023 - Hilton Waikoloa Village - Waikoloa Village, Hawaii
The Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update course is conducted by Mayo Clinic sleep researchers and clinicians. This course reviews the latest advances in practice and research using case-based scenarios enriched with personal clinical experiences. The course is designed to provide attendees with a comprehensive review of sleep disorders and practical steps to enhance clinical skills and practice.
- Expert faculty discuss the multidisciplinary approach to the practice of sleep medicine for best patient outcomes
- Clinical course geared toward increasing clinical knowledge and improving sleep health
- Comprehensive review of all aspects of the sleep encounter for the clinician
- Updates on the latest practice guidelines for diagnostics and therapeutics from leaders in the field of sleep medicine
- Interactive case-based presentations with audience participation questions
- Small group breakout sessions including hands-on opportunities with sleep medicine devices and technology
- In-person networking opportunities:
- Breakfast roundtable discussions with faculty, Tuesday-Friday
- Wednesday evening social reception
- Thursday afternoon yoga and meditation session
- Access to course recordings for one year
This course is relevant for sleep medicine specialists including MDs, DOs, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, internists and family medicine specialists, pediatric sleep medicine practitioners and general pediatricians, ENT specialists with interest in sleep apnea, psychiatrists with interest in insomnia, neurologists with interest in sleep associated neurological diagnoses and sleep administrators and practice managers.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review pathophysiology of common sleep disorders in the adult and pediatric population
- Recognize new devices and technological advances used in the diagnosis of sleep disorders
- Identify pharmacotherapy of common sleep disorders including restless leg syndrome and insomnia
- Recognize circadian rhythm disorders and determine appropriate management
- Review established treatments for sleep disordered breathing
- Recognize the use of data generated from consumer wearables
- Identify behavioral therapies in the management of insomnia
- Compare commonly available non-invasive ventilatory devices
- Examine the role of the sleep dentist and ENT surgeon in the management of sleep disorders
- Define management of REM sleep behavior disorder and other parasomnias
- Recognize the association of sleep disorders and neurocognitive syndromes
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Lodging - Rooms Available
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii for discounted rates starting at $289/night. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before April 7, 2023 or before the room block fills.
$289 - Palace Resort View
$359 - Palace Ocean View
$369 - Makai Resort View
$409 - Makai Ocean View
$449 - Makai Ocean Front
Reservations are based on space and rate availability. Additional taxes will apply.
Daily Resort Fee ($30)
The daily resort fee of $45 is discounted at a rate of $30 per room per night for all attendees staying at the resort. The fee includes the following:
- Internet access in guestrooms
- Hawaiian cultural classes - including ukulele, lei making, and hula lessons
- Local, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Complimentary 15-minute photo session and souvenir keepsake
- 20% discount on beach toys at the saltwater lagoon
- Keiki pool activities and scavenger hunt
- Fitness or yoga class at the Kohala Spa
- 10% off Hawaii Nautical sailings on the Spirit of Aloha catamaran from Aneho'omalu Bay
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 26.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 21.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 26.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 21.00 ABIM
- 26.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 26.00 ANCC
Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
The Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update 2023 course is pleased to offer the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring the course, please complete the following:
- Review the Exhibitor Prospectus
- Create an account/profile (or log-in) if you already have one
- Complete the Exhibitor Agreement Form
Contact us for additional information.